081. NOT SAM

They're in Massachusetts on a case and are visiting one of the boys' old babysitters.

"Dean and Sammy Winchester. So, how long has it been?" The woman asks.

"The summer before sixth grade." Sam says.

"Mm, I remember. You assigned yourself your own reading list." The woman says.

"You assigned it yourself?" Libby asks. "Why?"

"That's right. I forgot about that." Dean chuckles. "Nerd." He mumbles making Ophelia smack him in the arm, giving him a disapproving look.

"Your mom happens to be the best babysitter we ever had." Sam tells the teenage girl.

"Well, when I was a maid at the Mayflower, out on the Interstate -- long before you were even an idea -- their daddy used to pass through town and leave the boys with me while he went off to... work. One time, he was gone for two weeks."

"Two weeks?" Her daughter asks.

"Mm-hmm. Oh, he'd always come limping back. He loved you boys." The woman says.

"Did you know what he did all that time?" The teen asks.

"Little Sammy kept trying to tell me. Of course, I didn't believe him. Not at first, anyway." The woman says.

"Katie, our dad, um, happened to be an expert at getting rid of ghosts. And now, so are we." Sam says.

"That's why I called them, sweetie. They can help us." She tells her daughter.

"Sounds like you guys got yourself a poltergeist." Dean comments as the husband walks in with suitcases.

"Started a month or two after we moved in." The man says.

"Yeah, first it was, uh, just bumps and knocks and scratches on the walls. And then it started breaking things."

"And then it attacked Katie?" Sam asks.

"That was two nights ago." The man says.

"Can you show them, honey?" Her mom asks.

Katie stands up and lifts her shirt revealing the words carved into her stomach.

"'Murdered Chylde.'" Sam reads.

"Katie, everything's gonna be fine. I promise. Why don't you guys take yourselves a little vacation, and, uh, we'll take care of it." Dean says.

"Thank you."

+++

The four are at a diner and Dean and Ophelia are sitting on one side with Sam and Libby across from them. Dean gets up and goes to get their food. Soon he returns with the tray of food and puts it down.

"Mac and cheese for my munchkin and chicken strips for Sammy's munchkin." Dean hands the girls their food.

"Thank you." They tell him.

Sam grabs his salad shake and adds the dressing. He puts the lid back on and shakes the container while Dean gets his burger and fries. Dean watches Sam shake the salad.

"Oh, you shake it up, baby." Dean comments. "You know, poltergeist aside, Donna looked pretty good, don't you think?"

"Dude, don't tell me you've still got the hots for our babysitter." Sam scoffs.

"What? No. That's weird. I'm just saying that she, you know, she-- she's--she's doing good. You know, with her husband, her kid. This whole Amityville thing being thrown at them, and they're hanging tough."

"Yeah."

"You ever think you'd want something like that? Wife, rugrats, the whole nine? Get Libs some half-siblings?"