051. GOOD AND BAD LUCK

They get to an old storage facility that John used and are looking for John's storage container.

"Man..." Dean mumbles.

"What?" Sam asks.

"Just dad. You know him and his secrets. Spend all this time with the guy and it's like we barely even know the man." Dean says.

"Well, we're about to learn something." Sam says.

They find John's container and Dean unlocks it and opens the sliding door. They walk in, both brothers holding flashlights, and see a symbol drawn on the floor in red with bloody footprints.

"No demons allowed." Sam says.

"Blood. Check this out." Dean holds up a tripwire that's attached to a shotgun that's hidden in a large animal skull.

"Whoever broke in here got tagged." Sam says.

"Dear old dad. I got two sets of boot treads here, looks like it was a two man job. And our friend with the buckshot in him looks like he kept walking." Dean says.

"So what's the deal? Dad would do work here or something?" Sam asks.

"Living the high life, as usual." Dean says. He picks up a trophy, looking at it. "1995." He says and Sam looks over.

"No way! That's my Division Championship soccer trophy. I can't believe he kept this." Sam says.

"Yeah... it was probably the closest you ever came to being a boy." Dean jokes. "Oh, wow! It's my first sawed-off. I made it myself. Sixth grade."

"Do you keep any of my stuff?" Ophelia asks her dad.

"Yeah, some stuff. A few of your old stuffed animals, your drawings. Remember that bracelet making phase you went through when you were five? I kept all of those."

"But half of them didn't even look like bracelets. They were bad. Or they were too big to fit on anybody's wrists, even Uncle Sammy's. Or too small." Ophelia says.

"Yeah, but you made 'em and they meant a lot to you at the time. And since I kept them, we forever have those reminders of that time in your life and the memories." Dean says, booping her on the nose.

"Does Uncle Sammy keep Libby's stuff?" Ophelia asks.

"You'd have to ask him." Dean says. "C'mon, let's keep looking." He says, grabbing her hand and leading her over to Sam and Libby and they all go into the back room.

"Holy crap. Look at this, he had land mines... which they didn't take. Or the guns. I guess they knew what they were after, huh?" Dean says.

"Hey Dean, check this out." Sam says, walking over to some boxes that have symbols carved into them. "See these symbols? That's binding magic. These are curse boxes."

"Curse boxes? Th-- they're supposed to keep the evil mojo in, right, kinda like the Pandora deal?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, they're built to contain the power of the cursed object." Sam says.

"Well, dad's journal did mention a whole bunch of stuff, you know? Dangerous hexed items, fetishes... he never did say where they ended up." Dean says.

"Yeah. Well, this must be his toxic waste dump. One box is missing... great." Sam sighs.

"Well, maybe they didn't open it." Dean says optimistically.

+++

They pull up to an apartment block next to another car. Dean leans out the window and looks at the car's plates.