138. DEAN'S FAVORITE NIECE AND DAUGHTER

Sam and the girls are in the Impala and Sam is on the phone. Dean walks back to the Impala, carrying a trad of food and some drinks.

"Yeah. And you're certain? You sure? Okay. Great. Just, uh, just hang tight till you hear from me, okay?" Sam tells the person over the phone as Dean gets in.

"Who is it?" Dean loudly whispers and Sam holds up a finger to him. Dean gives the girls their food and drinks.

"No, listen to me. I said hang tight." Sam says. He hangs up, sighing. "We got to get."

"Can I at least finish my burger?" Dean asks.

"We got a vamp to kill, Dean -- Carencro, Louisiana." Sam says.

"Huh. It's been a while since I've had some etouffee. Who's the source?" Dean asks.

"Martin Creaser." Sam informs.

Ophelia and Libby look at the brothers look at each other, both knowing this is probably about to turn into an argument.

"Sorry -- for a minute there, I thought you said Martin Creaser." Dean says, but Sam still only looks at him. "Crazy Martin from the loony bin?"

"Glendale Springs discharged him last month." Sam informs.

"And? Shouldn't he be assembling toys in a padded room? What's he doing back on the job?" Dean asks.

"I asked him." Sam says.

"You what?" Dean asks.

"Look, he called me when he got out, okay, asked if I had anything for him that might help him ease back into the game. He seemed okay -- mostly -- so I said yes. I've had him tracking Benny for the past week."

"You put "mostly okay" Martin on Benny? What is "mostly okay" doing hunting at all?" Dean asks.

"Not hunting, Dean -- tracking. Observe and report only. I was crystal clear about that."

"Wow. I can't believe that."

"Really, Dean? You don't believe that? Because Benny's a vampire. And any hunter worth his salt isn't gonna let one just walk around freely. So I had Martin keep tabs on him. And right now, it's looking like I made the right call."

"So Martin's saying Benny did this?"

"Yeah."

"Okay." Dean says after a moment.

"Okay?" Sam asks.

"If Benny's in Louisiana draining folks... we should look into it." Dean says.

+++

They pull up to where Martin is staying and find his door, knocking on it and Martin opens it.

"You said look for an eruption. How's Mount Vesuvius?" Martin asks as the four walk into his room, him closing the door behind them. "I got into town about a week ago. Up until last night, nothing. He's been clean."

"Doing what?" Dean asks.

"Just minding his own business. Working at the gumbo shack." Martin says.

"Benny's working at the gumbo shack?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. Slinging hash, pouring coffee -- the whole bit. And he may be Benny to you. Folks around here call him Roy." Martin says.

"Martin, you sure you're running on full charge?" Dean asks.

"Y-Yeah. L-l-little s-shock therapy in the morning, and I-I'm," Martin snaps his fingers. "good to go."

"Tell us what happened last night." Sam says.