120. DEMON FROM THE PAST

The Winchesters get to their motel room. Dean unlocks it and opens the door, turning the light on. The four walk inside and Dean's phone rings and he answers it.

"Hello?" He asks. "Thank God. Frank... Frank, what do you got for me?"

Libby sits on the bed that Sam put their stuff on, holding her stuffed animal close to her. Libby looks up at Sam, seeing the struggling look in his eyes. She lowers her gaze, finding him pressing his thumb into the stitched up wound on his left palm.

Libby stands up on the bed and in front of him.

"Daddy?" She asks, putting a hand on his cheek. Sam's eyes find hers, seeing the worried look in them.

"I'm fine." Sam tells her.

"You guys never mean fine when you say it." She quietly says.

"I'm okay." Sam rewords.

"That isn't much better." Libby says.

"I have everything figured out." Sam says. He closes his eyes and Libby knows he's hearing Lucifer again.

"She's so sweet, isn't she?" Lucifer says, frowning. Sam clenches his jaw, wishing he would talk about anything but Libby.

"Daddy." Libby lightly pats his cheek until he opens his eyes. She notices him pressing into his palm again. "I'm right here."

"Yeah. Yeah, I know, sweetie." Sam manages to smile at her.

"I don't care that they're infiltrated the luxury boat industry, Frank." Dean says. "Great. Call Kanye." He hangs up.

"Frank's still stumped on Roman?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. All right, let's do this." Dean says.

"Okay, um, look at the victim profiles." Sam says, giving a folder to Dean. Dean puts the folder on his bed, opening it and looking at everything inside.

Ophelia goes to look, but Dean puts his hand on her face, gently shoving her away.

"Wh-- I've seen worse." She says.

"Don't care. Not today." Dean says.

Ophelia lightly rolls her eyes, sitting at the table.

"Same age, same hair color, body type. The ritual mutilations line up exactly." Sam says. Libby sits down on the bed, leaning against Sam's side and he wraps an arm around her.

"Who down there would've let our demon out of the can? He squealed on his superiors. We made sure of that. I mean, he should be down under until, uh, trumpet day." Dean says.

"But two women killed in the last two weeks, same parts missing, I mean, same old hunting grounds, even." Sam says.

"All right, well, we can take a swing at it. But you know it's all about the leviathans now, okay? They're the ones we need to be hunting." Dean says.

"Yeah, but, no-- I mean, not right now. This one's ours, Dean. It's unfinished business, apparently." Sam says.

"All right." Dean relents.

+++

The middle of the night, the four Winchesters are soundly asleep. Ophelia and Dean are in one bed and Ophelia is lying on her side, facing Dean, half her face smushed in the pillow. Dean is on his side facing Ophelia and he has a hand resting on her forearm as a protective reassurance that she's still there.

Sam and Libby are on the other bed. Libby is on her back, her head turned to the side, her stuffed animal clutched in one arm. Sam has his arm around her, his forehead touching her shoulder.