033. NO EXIT

Dean parks the Impala in the front of the roadhouse and they get out, Sam getting Libby out.

"Los Angeles, California." Dean states.

"What's in L.A.?" Sam asks.

"Young girl's been kidnapped by an evil cult." Dean says.

"Yeah? Got a name?" Sam asks.

"Katie Holmes." Dean says making Sam laugh.

"That's funny. And for you, so bitchy." Sam says.

They hear glass breaking and shouting from inside the roadhouse.

"Of course, on the other hand -- catfight." Dean says. They cautiously enter the building, looking to Elle and Jo who are arguing.

"I am your mother, I don't have to be reasonable!" Ellen yells.

"You can't keep me here!" Jo screams.

"Oh, don't you bet on that, sweetie."

"What are you going to do, are you going to chain me up in the basement?"

"You know what, you've had worse ideas than that recently. Hey, you don't wanna stay, don't stay. Go back to school."

"I didn't belong there! I was a freak with a knife collection."

"Yeah, and getting yourself killed on some dusty backroad, that's where you belong?!" Ellen turns, finding the Winchesters. "Guys, bad time."

"Yes, ma'am." Sam nods, rubbing Libby's back, the toddler cowering into him and covering her ears.

"Yeah, we rarely drink before ten anyway." Dean says.

"Wait. I wanna know what they think about this." Jo says.

"I don't care what they think!" Ellen yells as a family of four walk in.

"Are you guys open?" The father asks.

"No!"
"Yes!"

"We'll just... check out the Arby's down the road." The dad says, the family leaving. The phone rings and Jo glares at it before glaring at Ellen who goes over and answers it.

"Harvelle's. Yeah, Preacher." Ellen continues the conversation.

"Three weeks ago a young girl disappears from a Philadelphia apartment." Jo says, shoving a file towards Dean. "Take it, it won't bite."

"No, but your mom might." Dean says. Jo doesn't back down so Dean takes it reluctantly.

"And this girl wasn't the first. Over the past eighty years, six women have vanished. All from the same building, all young blondes. Only happens every decade or two so cops never eyeball the pattern. So we're either dealing with one very old serial killer, or--"

"Who put this together? Ash?" Dean asks.

"I did it myself." Jo says and Dean hums, impressed.

"I gotta admit. We hit the road for a lot less." Sam says.

"Good. You like the case so much, you take it." Ellen says.

"Mom!" Jo protests.

"Joanna Beth, this family has lost enough. And I won't lose you too. I just won't." Ellen says.

+++

After finding out Jo came to also work the case and managing to get an apartment, they brought Libby and Ophelia in along with their stuff.

"I'll flip you for the sofa." Jo says.

"Does your mother even know you're here?" Dean asks.

"Told her I was going to Vegas." Jo says.