134. FARMER'S MARKET AND MEETING BENNY

The four Winchesters are at a farmer's market, the only one really wanting to be there, being Sam.

"Wow." Dean says, reading something on his phone. "Guy goes to Purgatory for a year, all hell breaks loose. Check this out. A jogger in Minneapolis gets his heart ripped out."

"I'm guessing literally?" Sam says, eating an apple. Ophelia points to the oranges and Sam nods, letting her put a few in the canvas bag he has. Both girls take an orange, wanting them now.

"Only way that interests me. And then, there's another article from six months ago." Dean says as Sam puts some tomatoes in the bag. "Same thing happens, also in Minneapolis. What does that tell us?"

"Stay out of Minneapolis." Sam says.

"Two hearts ganked, same city, six months apart." Dean says as Sam pays the woman for the produce. "I mean, that's got to be a ritual, man. Or at least some sort of a heart sucking, possessed, satanic, crack whore bat."

"A what?" Sam asks.

"It's a case. Look, I say we hang out the shingle again and ride." Dean says.

"We're on a case, Dean. Kevin and the demon tablet need to be found, so heart guy takes a number." Sam says.

"Uh, we just spent a week chasing our asses trying to lock Kevin down, okay?" Dean says.

"You know, I bet if you had somebody who, uh... oh, I don't know... could blow people up. Maybe him and his mom wouldn't be MIA." Ophelia comments.

"Well, maybe if you had some who could blow people up." Dean mocks in a high pitched voice. "I will ground you. Watch it." Ophelia rolls her eyes. "Look at us, Sam. We're-- where the hell are we?"

"Farmer's market." Sam says slowly. He holds up his apple. "Organic."

"What are you eating?" Dean asks his daughter, seeing her holding a orange food.

"An orange." She says like it's obvious.

"We don't eat oranges." Dean says.

"No, you don't eat oranges." Ophelia retorts. "I'm okay with 'em."

"You're corrupting her." Dean tells his brother.

"Or she's just not your mini me when it comes to food." Sam suggests.

"Why are we here?" Dean asks.

"I had a year off. I took the time to enjoy the good things." Sam says.

"While avoiding doing what we actually do." Dean says.

"Wow, Dean, does it make you feel that much better every time you say it?" Sam asks.

"All right, man, look, I get it. You took a year off to do yoga and play the lute, whatever, but I'm back. Okay, we're back, which means that we walk and kill monsters at the same time. We'll find Kevin. But in the meantime, do we ignore stuff like this? Or are innocent people supposed to die so that you can shop for produce?"

Libby looks down at her orange, nervously picking at the white strings on it. She knows she's the main reason Sam stopped was because of her... and she knows Dean knows that. With him so angry at the fact that Sam stopped hunting, and even with her dad's reassurance, she can't help how she feels.

+++

The four are in the motel, Sam and Libby sitting on one bed and Ophelia sitting on the other. Sam is playing the recording he got of Arthur Swensen repeating the same few words.

"So, what do you think?" Sam asks.

"Personally, I prefer the Keith Richards version." Dean says.

"Can you actually understand any of the words?" Sam asks.