133. MRS. TRAN

The five are eating outside at a restaurant, Kevin just informing he wants to go see his mom.

"Are you kidding me? You're kidding me." Dean says with his mouth full of food.

"What? Is it too much to ask if we can swing by and check on my mom?" Kevin asks.

""Swing by?" It's a day's drive in the opposite direction. You know that, right?" Dean says.

"Yes. I understand we're in a hurry." Kevin says.

"Okay, well, then, what's the problem?"

"Channing's broken neck is my problem! As in I'd rather not see my mom twisted into a corkscrew."

"Kid's got a point, Dean." Sam sides.

"Stay out of this." Dean says and Sam smiles. "Kevin, your mom is fine."

"How can you possibly know that?" Kevin asks.

"Because Crowley needs her to be, okay? In fact, he's probably got the place stacked with bodyguards right now, protecting her so that when you do show up, they'll pounce on you both." Dean says.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Kevin asks.

"She's bait, man, plain and simple. And you want to swim right up and bite the hook? Look, we have got Crowley by the short and curlies, okay? All we need to do is find the tablet, whip up the spell, and -- boom! -- sunshine and candy beaches."

"Dean, my mom's all alone. She's surrounded by demons. Can you really not understand why I want to make sure she's okay?"

Dean looks at Sam.

"Honestly, if you don't agree, I'll hotwire a car and go with him." Ophelia says.

"You wouldn't." Dean argues.

"Try me." Ophelia grins, biting into a fry.

"She can blow people up. I'd believe her." Libby says.

"Son of a bitch." Dean mumbles. "Fine. Let's go."

+++

They're parked across the street from Kevin's house, Sam looking through binoculars.

"Tiger mom, 9 o'clock." Sam says and Kevin grabs the binoculars from him.

"Where?" He asks.

"Left window." Sam says.

"She seems okay. Sad... but okay." Kevin notes.

"Check out the mailman." Dean says.

"Yeah, that's Carl. So what?" Kevin asks.

"Yeah, well, Carl's filled your mom's mailbox three times since we've been sitting here." Dean says.

"He's a demon?" Kevin asks.

"And see the gardener? Think that plant needs any more water?" Dean asks.

~ ~ ~

Dean and Sam killed the gardener and mailman. The Winchesters stand to the side as Kevin knocks on the front door, it soon opening.

"Hi, mom." Kevin greets.

"Oh! Kev-- Kevin!" Mrs. Tran exclaims. Sam and Dean step forward, throwing liquid on Mrs. Tran. "Ah! Oh! What..."

"She's clean." Dean assures and Kevin hugs his mother.

"You smell that?" Sam asks. Him and Dean walk into the house, finding black smoke pouring out of a woman's mouth. Sam starts reciting something, the black smoke pouring back into the woman's mouth.