099. SAMMY'S BACK

Dean walks into the living room where Bobby is sitting at his desk and the girls are on the couch, watching a movie. Dean ruffles the girls' hair in passing before sitting across from Bobby. The older man pours the green eyed man a drink.

"Like my daddy always said, just cause it kills your liver don't mean it ain't medicine." Bobby says.

"That... that doesn't seem correct." Ophelia whispers to herself.

"Sam still asleep?" Bobby asks.

"Yeah." Dean answers, taking a drink of the alcohol.

"He'll wake up." Bobby assures.

"Yeah." Dean mutters.

"Dean, he's been through how much? Somehow, he always bounces back." Bobby says.

"He's never been through this." Dean says. "Job?" He asks, noticing the newspaper in front of Bobby.

"Might be." Bobby says, handing Dean the newspaper who reads over it.

"Can I help? Send me to the library? Anything?" Dean asks.

"Couple goes up in a light plane. Wreckage was just found in the woods." Bobby informs.

"Couple of Buddy Hollys?" Dean asks. "Doesn't really seem like News of the Weird."

"Pilot was found seventeen miles away, flambeed." Bobby says. "Girl's just gone. No body, no nothing."

"Okay, I'm not changing the channel." Dean says.

"Dean." They hear and all turn to find Sam in the entryway. Libby tenses up, tightly holding onto Ophelia's arm. The older girl is able to sense her uncle's emotions, not feeling as terrified as she thought she would. But she still watches his every move as he goes over to Dean and hugs him.

Sam breaks away from Dean and turns to the girls. "hey, munchkins."

Ophelia forces a weak smile and stands up, letting Sam tightly hug her. She tries to return the enthusiasm, but finds it a little hard.

"Baby." Sam sighs in relief at his perfectly healthy looking daughter. When he goes to hug her, Libby quickly dodges his arm and runs upstairs.

"Wha--"

"She's, uh... she had a bad dream. Think she's just freaked out still." Ophelia lies.

"I, um... okay. I'll try later." Sam says, though all he wants right now is to hug his baby.

Sam goes over to Bobby and hugs him.

"Good to see you." Bobby says.

"Wait. I saw you-- I-I felt Lucifer snap your neck. Yours and Oph's." Sam says.

"Well, Cas kind of--" Bobby starts.

"Cas is alive?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, Cas--Cas is fine. Sam, are you okay?" Dean asks.

"Actually, um... I'm starving." Sam says.

~ ~ ~

The four are in the kitchen, Sam eating a sandwich and sitting at the table. Dean is sitting across from him while Bobby leans against the counter, Ophelia next to him.

"So, Sam..." Dean starts.

"Yeah?" Sam asks.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Dean asks.

"The field. And then I fell." Sam says.

"Okay. And then?" Dean asks.

"I woke up in the panic room." Sam says.