013. ASYLUM

They get to an asylum and have to climb over a fence and then go into the abandoned building.

"So apparently the cops chased the kids here... into the south wing." Sam says as they walk through the asylum.

"South wing, huh? Wait a second." Dean flips through John's journal. "1972. Three kids broke into the south wing, only one survived. Way he tells it, one of his friends went nuts and started lighting up the place."

"So whatever's going on, the south wing is the heart of it." Sam says.

"But if the kids are spelunking the asylum, why aren't there a ton more deaths?" Dean asks.

"Looks like the doors are usually chained. Could've been chained up for years." Sam says.

"Yeah, to keep people out. Or to keep something." Dean says. "Let me know if you see any dead people, Haley Joel." He tells Sam as they walk down a hallway.

"Dude, enough." Sam rolls his eyes.

"I'm serious. You gotta be careful, all right? Ghosts are attracted to that whole ESP thing you got going on." Dean says.

"I told you, it's not ESP! I just have strange vibes sometimes. Weird dreams." Sam says.

"Yeah, whatever. Don't ask, don't tell." Dean says.

Ophelia considers this and she doesn't want her father to be like this towards her if she were to tell him about seeing his aura and feeling others' emotions. Don't ask, don't tell. He won't ask and she won't have to tell.

"You get any reading on that thing or not?" Sam asks.

"Nope. Of course, it doesn't mean no one's home." Dean says.

"Spirits can't appear during certain hours of the day." Sam says.

"Yeah, the freaks come out at night." Dean says.

"Yeah." Sam mumbles.

"Hey Sam, who do you think is the hotter psychic? Patricia Arquette, Jennifer Love Hewitt, or you?" Dean asks. He laughs as Sam pushes him.

They walk into a room and look around.

"Man. Electroshock. Lobotomies. They did some twisted stuff to these people. Kinda like my man Jack in Cuckoo's Nest." Dean grins at Sam. Sam doesn't acknowledge him at all making Dean stop smiling.

"So, whaddaya think? Ghosts possessing people?" Dean asks.

"Maybe. Or maybe it's more like Amityville, or the Smurk haunting." Sam says.

"Spirits driving them insane. Kinda like my man Jack in The Shining." Dean grins.

"Why do you know so many psychos?" Ophelia asks.

"Well, I-- I don't know them, sweetie. They're movies." Dean explains.

"Oh. Why do you watch so many movies with psychos?" Ophelia asks.

"Hey, Disney movies are full of psychos." Dean remarks.

"Dean." Sam calls, getting his brother's attention. "When are we going to talk about it?"

"Talk about what?" Dean asks. "We can start the Disney psycho conversation." He says.

"About the fact that dad's not here." Sam says.

"Oh. I see. How 'bout... never." Dean says.

"I'm being serious, man. He sent us here--"

"So am I, Sam. Look, he sent us here, he obviously wants us here. We'll pick up the search later."