107. MEMORY WIPE

The Winchesters and Bobby are at the Singer man's house, the men and Libby in the living room while Ophelia isolates herself from them in the kitchen.

Sam makes sure that Ophelia eats at least twice a day since she doesn't seem to care much about food lately. He has kept his promise of taking care of her, letting her wake him up for nightmares. Though she rarely does it, not wanting to burden him.

"Well, you know what, at least you tried." Sam says.

"Yeah, fat lot of good it did. Why did he even come, right?" Dean asks, slamming the book he's holding shut. Sam shrugs. "Well, Samuel's journals are pointless. I mean, I'm sorry, but uh, Jebediah Campbell has squat to tell me about how to stop Cas from cracking Purgatory."

"Well actually, it's not about the journals we have, it's about the one we don't." Bobby says.

"Meaning what?" Sam asks.

"Well, that's the bad news. Our pal Cas didn't stop in last night just to mend fences." Bobby says.

"What did he do?" Dean asks.

"Stole something." Bobby informs.

"What?"

"The journal of one Moishe Campbell."

"Moishe?" Sam asks.

"That's a terrible name." Libby mutters.

"Of the New York Campbells." Bobby says.

"Well, uh, so we gotta get it back, right?" Sam asks. Bobby hands an envelope to Sam.

"Or just read the copy I'd already made." Bobby says before seeing the brothers' looks. "HI, glad to meet you. Bobby Singer. Paranoid bastard." He introduces making Libby giggle. Sam gently smiles, it being the first time she's laughed since the vampire ambush.

~ ~ ~

"I think I zeroed in on something." Bobby says.

"What do you got?" Dean asks and Bobby hands him a page out of a journal. ""Went to talk to Howard Phillips about the events of March 10th.""

"That's March 10th, 1937." Bobby says.

"Alright. So who's this Phillips guy?" Dean asks.

"Phillips ain't his last name. It's Lovecraft." Bobby informs.

"Wait, H.P. Lovecraft?" Sam asks and Bobby nods. "let me see that." Dean gives him the paper.

"Am I supposed to know who that is?" Dean asks.

"Horror writer. At the Mountains of Madness, The Call of Cthulu?" Bobby asks.

"Yeah, it's-- no, I'm-- i was too busy having sex with women." Dean says making Bobby roll his eyes.

"Well, anyhow. There's one notion that comes up over and over again in his stories. Namely opening doors to other dimensions and letting scary crap through."

"You don't say." Dean mutters.

"Wait, so you're saying you think Lovecraft knew something about Purgatory?" Sam asks.

"All I know is Moishe paid him a visit." Bobby says.

They continue reading for a bit when Dean's phone rings and he answers it.

"Ben?" Dean asks. "What?" "What are they?" "Did you see their eyes?" "Teeth?" "This is important, Ben, I need to know." "Okay, where are you now?" "Can you get to your mom's closet? I left a shotgun in there." "Okay, Ben, listen to me. Go to your window and jump." "Any bones you break won't compare to what they're gonna do to you, Ben. You've got to jump." "I'm coming right now. I'm coming to get you and your mom, I promise. You with me, Ben? Ben? Ben?"