092. DON'T TRUST HIM

The four Winchesters are in the motel in town on a case that Sam found. The brothers are sitting at the table and researching while the girls are sitting on one of the beds and watching a movie on the iPod.

"Sweet. Blood, boils, locusts." Dean says.

"Three of your more popular Egyptian plagues." Sam says.

"Yeah, but these guys... ate their way out of a cop's melon. I don't quite remember that in the King James." Dean says.

"Meanwhile, a kid named Christopher Rich was shot in the head last month after a vehicle pursuit. Hatch, Gray, and Colfax were the three officers involved, and they all filed the exact same police report." Sam says.

""Suspect exited vehicle brandishing a firearm. We were forced to fire." "Just a kid with no face and a planted gun." Bunch of dicks. So they pop the kid, plant the piece."

"Maybe Colfax was right. You know, maybe Heaven has a hate on for bad cops."

"So we're listening to the guy with the bug in his custard? That's--that's the, uh, the theory you want to go with?"

"Dean, angels got to have something to do, right? Now that's we're post Apocalypse."

"We should call Cas."

"You're kidding, right? Dean, I tried. It was the first and second and third thing I did, soon as I got topside. Son of a bitch won't answer the phone."

"Well, let's give it a shot." Dean says, sitting on the bed next to the girls, missing Ophelia's confused look at his close proximity. Dean closes his eyes. "Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray to Castiel to get his feathery ass down here." Dean opens his eyes, looking around.

"You're an idiot." Sam comments.

"Can't disagree with that." Ophelia mutters earning a bitchface from Dean.

"Stay positive." Dean tells his brother. "And watch it." He mutters to Ophelia.

"Oh, I am positive." Sam nods.

"So am I." Ophelia innocently smiles.

"Come on, Cas! Don't be a dick. We got ourselves a... plague like situation down here, and... do you... do you copy?" Dean asks, but nothing happens.

"Like I said... son of a bitch doesn't answer--" Sam stops as he sees the expressions on his family's faces. "He's right behind me, isn't he?" The girls nod.

"Hello." Cas greets.

"Hello?" Sam questions.

"Y-yes." Cas says, looking confused if he did something wrong.

""Hello."" Sam imitates. ""Hello"?" He asks.

"Uh, that is still the term?" Cas asks.

"I spent all that time trying to get through to you. Dean calls once, and now it's, "Hello"?!" Sam asks.

"Yes." Cas answers.

"So, what, you--you like him better or something?" Sam asks.

"Dean and I do share a more profound bond." Cas says, turning to Dean. "I wasn't gonna mention it."

"Cas, I think what he's trying to say is that... he went to Hell for us. I mean, he really took one for the team. You remember that? And then he comes back without a clue, and you can't take five friggin' minutes to give him some answers?"

"If I had any answers, I might have responded. But I don't know, Sam. We have no idea who brought you back from the cage... or why." Cas states.

"So... it wasn't God?" Sam asks.