036. HUNTED

It's the middle of the night and Sam looks over at Dean's bed, seeing his brother and niece fast asleep. Sam picks his bag up before carefully picking Libby up, cradling her to his chest. He drapes her jacket over her, putting the hood up so the rain doesn't get her.

Sam quietly leaves the room and walks to the care next to the Impala. He looks around before pulling a coat hanger out and breaking into the car with it. Sam carefully puts Libby in the backseat before getting in the driver's seat and driving off.

+++

Sam walks into the roadhouse with Libby in his arms, heads turning to them. The attention makes Libby cower into Sam as he walks further in, finding Ellen behind the bar.

"Sam." Ellen smiles.

"Ellie!" Libby grins, happily waving at the woman who softly smiles back at her.

"Hey, Ellen." Sam grins sheepishly. "You don't seem that surprised to see me."

"Well, your brother's been calling, worried sick, looking for you." Ellen says.

"Yeah. Figured he might." Sam says.

"What's going on between you two?" Ellen asks.

"So, um, how's Jo?" Sam changes the subject, avoiding the question.

"Well, I don't really know." Ellen answers.

"What do you mean?" Sam asks.

"Well, I haven't seen her in weeks. She sends a postcard now and again."

"Well, what happened?"

"Well, after she worked that job with you boys, she decided she wanted to keep on hunting. I said "not under my roof," and she said "fine.""

"So I'm probably the last person you want to see right now."

"Oh, don't get wrong. I wish I could blame the hell out of you boys. It'd be easier. Truth is, it's not your fault, Sam. None of it is. I want you to know that I forgave your daddy a long time ago for what happened to my Bill. I just don't think he ever forgave himself."

"What did happen?"

"Um, so, why did you come here, sweetie?" Ellen changes the subject.

"I need help." Sam states.

~ ~ ~

"What am I looking for, Sam?" Ash asks.

"Other people, other psychics, like me. As many as possible, and I need a nationwide search." Sam demands.

"But I thought there was no way to track them all down. Not all of them had nursery fires like you did." Ellen says.

"Well, no, but some had to. Start there." Sam says.

~ ~ ~

Sam sits at the bar, drinking a beer, with Libby on his lap, the young girl eating a plate of french fries.

Ash walks out with a piece of paper in hand.

"Done and done." Ash states.

"That was fast." Sam says.

"Well, apparently, that's my job. Make the monkey dance at the keyboard." Ash says.

"Just tell us what you got, Ash." Ellen says.

"Four folks fit the profile nationwide. Born in '83, mother died in a nursery fire, the whole shebang." Ash says.

"Four? That's it?" Sam asks.

"Sam Winchester from Lawrence, Kansas, Max Miller from Saginaw, Michigan, Andrew Gallagher from Guthrie, Oklahoma, and uh, another name. Scott Carey."

"You got an address?" Sam asks.