139. BROTHER BREAK UP

Dean walks up to Sam's motel room with a sleeping Libby in one arm, his other hand holding Ophelia's hand.

Ophelia knocks on the door and soon Sam opens it. He starts to shut it, but stops, opening it back up. Sam holds his hands out for his daughter.

The two manage to carefully transfer Libby into Sam's arm, the girl staying asleep. Sam walks over to the bed and Dean and Ophelia walk in, shutting the door behind them.

"Who did you expect?" Dean asks.

"Long drive?" Sam asks, pulling the blanket over Libby.

"Well, I wouldn't have had to make it if you hadn't have hung up on me." Dean says.

"Yeah, well, I heard all I needed to hear." Sam says.

"No, you heard what you wanted to hear. I told you Benny wasn't killing. Hell, I watched him end the fangbanger that was." Dean says.

"How about Martin? How did he end that?" Sam asks.

"Stupid -- just like I said it would. Crazy son of a bitch didn't give Benny a choice. It was self defense."

"Seriously, Dean? That's the story you're going with? That the vampire was the real victim here?"

"Hey, like it or not, that's the truth, okay? There was a time when that actually meant something."

"Yeah, yeah. No kidding."

"What does that mean?"

"You think this is just about Benny?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"What the hell do you think I'm talking about?"

"Amelia? Oh, come on, man. I sent you that text cause I needed you to-to--"

"You needed me to what? To tear ass to Texas? To be afraid that what happened to Jessica, what happened to... everybody that we care about might have happened to her?"

"That is a dick move." Ophelia says, answering her earlier question.

"You were gonna kill Benny. What was I supposed to do?" Dean asks.

"Also kind of a dick move." Ophelia mumbles.

"Shut up." The brothers tell her.

"Is that what we are? You save a vampire by making me believe that the woman I love might be dead?" Sam asks.

"What do you want to hear, Sam? That I was wrong? Fine. I was wrong. Okay? But if you'd have just heard me out, if you'd have trusted me, all of this could have been avoided."

"You didn't want me to trust you. You wanted me to trust Benny, and I can't do that."

"Right. Okay, well, then, what the hell do we do now?"

"That depends. It depends on you. On whether or not you're done with him."

"Well, honestly, I don't know." Dean says, the two staring at each other for a few moments. "Glad I made the drive." Dean grabs Ophelia's hand, marching out of the room.

+++

Dean and Ophelia are asleep on the couch in the cabin. Ophelia is squished between Dean and the back of the couch, lying on her side, her head on his chest. She tried to sleep earlier which only resulted in getting a nightmare so she sought comfort from her father who was lying on the couch and on his phone with a beer.

Dean of course let her stay with him, abandoning his phone to use that hand to go through her hair, his other still holding his beer. Dean hummed whatever songs came to mind until Ophelia was asleep.