104. NEVER DO COOL STUFF

"Where the hell's Dean?" Bobby questions as him, Sam, Cas, and the girls stand in his living room.

"Supply run, he said. I don't know." Sam shrugs.

"Um, about your plan. You'll only have 24 hours." Cas says.

"Wait, what? Why?" Sam asks.

"Well, the answer to your question can best be expressed as a series of partial differential equations." Cas says.

"What?" The girls chorus, their faces scrunching up in confusion.

"Yeah, aim lower." Bobby says.

"The further back I send you, the harder it becomes to retrieve you. 24 hours is all I can risk. If I don't pull you home within that time, you'll be lost to me." Cas says.

"Well, then we better get you a watch." Dean says, walking in and carrying a few large shopping bags.

"What the hell's all that?" Bobby asks.

"We are going native. Got to blend in." Dean says, handing Sam one of the bags.

"Uh, no, thanks. I'm fine." Sam says.

"Sam."

"Dean, I can-- I can wear this." Sam gestures to what he's currently wearing.

"And look like a spaceman?" Dean asks.

"Look, just because you're obsessed with all that Wild West stuff--"

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are." Ophelia argues.

"You have a fetish." Sam says.

"Shut up. I like old movies." Dean says.

"You can recite every Clint Eastwood movie ever made, line for line." Sam says.

"Even the monkey movies?" Bobby asks.

"Yeah. Especially the monkey movies." Sam nods.

"His name is Clyde. At least wear the damn shirt." Dean says.

"I don't see anything for us." Libby frowns.

"Right. Well, um, see... your dad and I have decided that you two aren't going to go." Dean says. "Though it was mostly Sam's idea."

"Really?" Sam rolls his eyes.

"Hey, I want them to come, but you're a little Debbie Downer." Dean says.

"Oh, come on. It's technically history, isn't it? You love history, daddy. You love teaching me history." Libby says.

"True, but, uh, I don't need you to live history." Sam says.

"Why? I think it'd be cool to go." Libby says.

"Baby, Cas barely has enough strength to get two of us there." Sam says.

"He has the strength for four people to get there. We just need to get back in a certain amount of time." Ophelia says.

"Well, it'll be easier to get two back than four." Sam says. "You guys stay here with him and Bobby."

"We never get to do cool stuff." Ophelia pouts.

"Yeah, well, that's life with your uncle." Dean says.

"Dean." Sam gives him a bitch face.

~ ~ ~

Sam walks downstairs and is wearing a white button down shirt that's embroidered with yellow roses. Dean is wearing a whole old western outfit, complete with a sarape.