"I'm not just going to leave you. I love you, JJ" Kiara said completely broken

"Goodbye, Kie. I love you" He replied as the taxi was waiting

Kiara moved closer to JJ and JJ hugged her and he whispered, "Have a safe trip home"

JJ pulled back and he wiped the tears that were falling from Kiara's eyes with his thumb as the two maintained strong eye contact. Kiara leaned in and softly kissed JJ's lips. He didn't pull away, instead, he pulled her closer and slid his tongue into her mouth. The two would have stayed like that forever but the taxi was honking for them to hurry up. They broke apart and Kiara was bawling.

"Please come with me, JJ... I can't live without you"

"Yes you can, you will be just fine. Goodbye, princess" He said grabbing her bags and bringing them outside, and loading them into the car for her

She handed him her engagement ring back and she got into the car and flew back home.

Kiara's POV:

I cried the whole way back to OBX and when I landed all the pogues were there waiting there with a sign that said 'congrats love birds' and I was fighting back tears.

"Where's JJ?" Pope asked anxiously waiting for him

"In Costa Rica, we broke up..." I said crying

Sarah hugged me right away and everyone felt awful. I told them about the fight and they all told me that he would get over it and would come home for me. I thought about that every single day for five years and I haven't spoken to him since.

I had gone to college, graduated, and had an incredible job where I got to travel all the time as a marine biologist. I met a new guy and his name was Josh. He was amazing. He was originally from Arizona but we met when I was in Hawaii and he was now living in Charleston.

He surprised me for two year anniversary with a trip to Costa Rica. He didn't know my past and I wanted to keep it that way.

JJ's POV:

After Kie left, I was a mess for a bit but then I continued my traveling. I didn't mean to travel as much as I did, but I blinked and five years had gone by. I decided that I needed to go back to Costa Rica. I also had met this amazing girl in Mexico. She moved down there from Michigan as she hated the cold there. We had been together for three years and she did a lot of traveling with me.

We were in Costa Rica at the same resort that Kie and I stayed at. We were having so much fun going on hikes, ziplining, and surfing. It was all fun and games until we were in town one day and I walked around the corner and I literally ran into Kie. She was with some guy. We both just stood there and didn't say anything.

"Holy shit" I said breaking the silence

"You know them?" Amanda asked me

"Yeah, we were friends in high school" I simply said

Kie gave the fakest smile I've ever seen and we went through introductions and learned we were staying at the same resort. We went out separate ways and I couldn't stop thinking about her.

That night, we met up with them on the beach and had a fire, and had a few drinks. I learned more about John and she was asking Amanda a bunch of questions.

"Wow, you've been together for three and a half years? That's a long time... Have you guys thought about if you want kids?" Kiara asked Amanda as she carefully glared at me

Amanda laughed and said, "No, we haven't talked about it but I don't really want kids. I want to travel and see the world"

Wow, she really was the girl of my dreams. Not kids and wants to travel. It got late and Kie was drunk and Josh went to be almost an hour ago and Amanda just left. Kie went to open another beer when I took it from her and said, "I think you've had enough"