Chapter 280:

When we give test results to patients, we often say, "normal". We look and analyze numbers within ranges, highs and lows. If the patient falls within the range, we're not worried.

~Week 1~

My POV:

I'm sitting in the kitchen with Mer while Amy makes food. The plan for Jackson to stay a couple days changed after Jackson told me that Koracick was going to be joining the Fox Foundation as well.

I'm on my phone texting Jackson and Dylan in our groupchat as Amy gives me food.

Amy: hydration...

I smile as Amy hands me coffee.

Amy: that thing you like with the weirdest meat-to-cheese ratio, and Elle, the weirdest childhood combo ever.

I start smiling like a little kid as Amy hands me my Mac and cheese topped with bacon and scrambled eggs.

Meredith: it's called a sandwich Amelia. Oh god, that looks so gross.
Delilah: it's not gross! It's unique. And I love it. And Jackson does too.
Meredith: no he doesn't.
Delilah: he does! And my kids love it too.

I chuckle at the face Mer had on her face.

Amy: you guys look good. You feel good? 'Cause you look good.
Delilah: I do Ames.
Meredith: so, you have your service, plus you've inherited both Lilah and Koracick's services? That's a decadent amount of patients.
Amy: well, I gave Lilah's service to her star student, so it's just mine and Koracick's.
Delilah: Leon is still on cloud nine about it. And hey, plus side, Mer and I aren't one of your patients. Go. Be free Ames.
Amy: hydrate, eat, walk, repeat.

Amy kisses my forehead.

M&D: have fun being use to the world.
Delilah: love you Amy.
Amy: love you more sweetie.
Delilah: text me if there are any good cases so I can live vicariously through you.
Amy: why kind of aunt would I be if I didn't?

I chuckle as Amy kisses my head one last time before leaving for the hospital.

Meredith: how does it feel not being at Grey Sloan anymore?
Delilah: it's sad, and... weird. I spent most of my life there. I built a legacy there, it's weird not being there.
Meredith: you nervous about moving to Boston?
Delilah: a little. I mean, I built a life here. I started here with my dad, I met you and the others here, I fell in love with Jackson and started my life with him here. It sucks that I have to say goodbye to it all.
Meredith: you know, you could always come back.
Delilah: it nearly killed me quitting the job I love, but I have to do this.
Meredith: you've grown up so much.
Delilah: thanks. It seems like just yesterday when we were interns.
Meredith: now look at us. Surviving COVID, and you're running the Fox Foundation and changing the freaking world.

Mer and I share a laugh.

Meredith: you have to call me twice a week.
Delilah: I'll be calling you every day Mer, relax.

I spend some time with Mer while talking to Jackson.

3rd Person POV:

We see Owen, Leon and Amelia come out to the ambulance bay.

Owen: it feels weird not having Lilah around anymore. I know she's still in Seattle, but it's weird not having her at Grey Sloan anymore.
Amelia: I know.
Leon: I keep having this urge to page her, but I can't anymore. I feel weird not being by her side.