Chapter 255:

It's been pretty tough for me since Joey's death. My depression has been worse than it's ever been, so I upped my antidepressant dose and I've been going therapy every day of the week. I've also lost my appetite since Joey died and I don't get a lot of sleep. Whenever I close my eyes, all I can see is Joey and it kills me.

Today is the day Mer finds out where her medical license stands and I'm pretty nervous for her. I was slowly eating a muffin to boost my energy a little bit as I get ready.

Delilah: you guys almost ready?
Dylan: we're ready.

I turn around and see Dylan and Jackson in the doorway. Once I was done my makeup, I throw on my outfit.

Jackson: are you sure you want to go?Delilah: I have to

Delilah: I have to. Mer needs me today.
Dylan: you don't have to go. Mer will understand.
Delilah: I'm fine guys. My best friend needs me today, so I'm going to be there for her.
Jackson: you're still grieving honey. Mer will understand if you don't go—
Delilah: Jackson, stop freaking treating me like a piece of glass that could break at any second! I'm fine!

I throw my hair in a high ponytail and grab my things. I didn't mean to lose my temper at Jackson, but it's been happening a lot since Joey died. I feel absolutely terrible for constantly snapping at him for the tiniest things, but I can't control myself.

Dylan: we should get going.
Delilah: yeah.

We all leave the house and drive to the conference.

3rd Person POV:

We see Meredith Grey with Amelia, Maggie and Andrew.

Andrew: have you heard from Delilah? Is she coming?
Amy: she's still grieving her brother's death. If I'm being honest, I'd be surprised if she did show.

My POV:

Once we made it to the conference, we wait around for it to start. Jackson and I are walking around with Dylan and we see Richard.

Jackson: hey. You just get back in town?
Webber: yeah. I landed last night. Um, listen. I'm sorry I didn't call you back. I didn't think it was a good idea for you or your– your mom to come to Sabrina's service.
Jackson: mom didn't go?
Webber: the family's not ready to see anyone, especially from Seattle.
Jackson: okay.

I sit on the couch next to Link as Teddy and Owen approach.

Link: it's really good to see you.
Delilah: you too Link.
Link: you doing okay? Amelia's been worried.
Delilah: doing the best I can.
Link: if you ever need a friend, you can always come to me.
Delilah: thanks Link.

Link pulls me into a quick side hug. I could hear Owen and Teddy arguing as they come up to us.

Link: everything okay?
Owen: Allison had us up til 3:00.
Teddy: us? You slept through the whole thing. Or you pretended to. Hey, hey! Is that coffee?
Link: m-maybe you should just take it.
Teddy: thank you so much.