Chapter 225:

Ever since I was released from the hospital, Jackson has been more protective than ever, and I didn't think that was possible. He barely lets me leave his side, but right now, I'm at Mer's getting ready for Alex's wedding. I was curling my hair in the bathroom while Mer was fixing Zola's hair. I smile at Zola through the mirror as she throws rose petals on the ground.

Meredith: great job.
Delilah: you're going to be a great flower girl miss Zozo.
Zola: I know.

Mer and I both chuckle at the girl.

Zola: are you ever gonna get married again?

I look at Mer in the mirror and sigh. I know for a fact that she'll never get married again after dad. My dad was the great love of her life, nothing could ever replace that.

Meredith: I don't think so Zozo. I– you know, I-I already had one great love in my life. I don't want to be too greedy.
Zola: mom, I don't think love is like candy. I don't think you could be too greedy for it, and I don't think you could fill up on it.

Mer and I both look at Zola amused and proud.

Meredith: when did you turn 40?
Delilah: Mer, I think Zola should be a therapist instead of a surgeon when she grows up.

Mer and I share a laugh as we continue getting ready. Once I had my hair and makeup done, I change into my dress.

Just as I got my dress on, I heard the doorbell, so Mer and I walk out and we walk down to see Jo with Alex and Arizona

Delilah: hey!
Meredith: you are not supposed to see each other today.
Alex: ah, you got married on a post-it.
Jo: I got Mass Gen.
Meredith: well, of course. We invented mini livers. Did you really think you wouldn't be sought after?
Jo: it's a minimally invasive surgery fellowship. It's impossible to get into, and I got into it. I got in. Mwah!

Jo kisses Alex, then Arizona, then Alex again.

Alex: hey, Kepner's gonna be mad we saw each other.
Arizona: only 'cause it's very bad luck.
Jo: well, if you believe in that crap, which we don't.
Arizona: okay, but, still, let's not tell her. Jo, you come with me. Alex, you're with Meredith and Lilah, and we will see you there. Okay, let's go. Come on.

Arizona drags Jo out the door.

Meredith: you know, Boston is freezing six months out of the year. I mean, it's a tundra.
Alex: so? You can teach us how to make an igloo.
Meredith: babysitter's gonna be here any minute.
Delilah: you better hurry. April said if you're late, she'll destroy you.

Once we were all ready, we drive to the venue. When we get there, I didn't see Jackson or anyone, so I send Jackson a text.

Me: where is everyone?

Me: was there an emergency at the hospital?

My Sexy Hubby 😍💍❤️: we're at the wedding!