Chapter 211:

I'm flying to Boston today for the Harper Avery award ceremony and my nerves were on overdrive. I decided to ride the ferry with Mer and Alex today and as I stand there, I close my eyes and I could picture my dad next to me.

~Dream~

Dad: what did I tell ya?
Delilah: you were right. This is the most perfect ferry boat ride ever.
Dad: I told you!

Dad and I share a laugh.

Dad: I'm really proud of you.
Delilah: thanks dad. You're gonna be there, right?
Dad: I wish I could my little panda bear.

Meredith: Lilah.

I snap out of my trance and look over at Mer.

Delilah: hmm?
Meredith: you okay?
Delilah: yeah.

I walk with Mer over to Alex who was sitting on one of the benches and we sit with him as we ride the ferry. After the boat ride, we go to the hospital.

Alex: it's a private jet.
Meredith: but private jets are bumpier than regular planes.
Delilah: she's right.
Alex: alright, so pretend like it's a roller coaster. Or take a pill if you have to, but you're both going to that ceremony.
M&D: you're very bossy.
Alex: it seems like five seconds ago, we were the interns hiding in the tunnels. Now you and Lilah are about to win a Harper Avery.
Delilah: please. Mer's the one who's gonna win the Harper Avery.
Meredith: whoever wins it, we're gonna share it. Deal?
Delilah: deal. But also, what if none of us win a Harper Avery?
Alex: then you're no better than the interns.
M&D: don't say that.

Just then, the interns zoom past us, almost bumping into us.

Alex: hey!
M&D: slow down!
Levi: sorry! Big trauma incoming!

I smile at the intern's statement.

Delilah: ooh, big trauma! My two favourite words.
Alex: no! You both have a plane to catch.
Meredith: aren't you curious?

Mer and I start running towards the pit.

Alex: Mer! Lilah! Stop! Come on! You're both going to the awards!

Mer and I continue to run and we run down to the ambulance bay where we see a gurney being wheeled in followed by a couple of ambulances pulling in. We see Webber and we approach.

Alex: what happened?
Webber: rusty roller coaster car broke off the ride, flew into a crowd at a county fair. There's multiple injuries en route.

We walk behind Webber.

M&D: "pretend the plane is like a roller coaster", you said!
Delilah: that's what you said to us!

I see Nicole walk out of the truck that pulled up,

Delilah: talk to me Nicole.
Nicole: Gregory Williams and Cleo Kim, both 26, stuck in a crushed roller-coaster car. Tried to extricate in the field, but we suspect Greg has some unstable crush injuries, so we opted to do it in a more controlled environment.

Nicole brings down the ram and reveals the two people stuck in the roller coaster car.

Cleo: I told you I didn't want to ride that ride. I told you it was a rusty death trap.
Gregory: yes Cleo, you were right, okay? You're always right.
Cleo: now you're just stating the obvious.