Chapter 208:

3rd Person POV:

We see Amelia Shepherd in the imaging room looking through her scans. It's been a week since she found out that she has a brain tumor and she hasn't told anyone... not even her own niece.

Andrew: Dr. Shepherd.
Amelia: shh.
Andrew: it's been a week. Shouldn't you tell someone? Your family? A friend?
Amelia: I don't need your advice or your concern. What I need is for you to follow HIPPA and keep your mouth shut... and my latest labs and a triple latte.
Andrew: you have to at least tell Delilah. She of all people deserves the truth. I see how close you two are, and she would want to know.

Andrew hated the fact that Amelia was keeping this secret, especially from Delilah. Delilah has always been kind to him, and he considered the Avery-Shepherd girl a friend. She's helped him through a lot and he genuinely cared for the girl.

Amelia: HIPPA, DeLuca. Labs and triple latte.

Andrew sighs as he walks out.

Amelia knew in her heart that Andrew was right... but she couldn't tell Delilah. If Delilah found out, it would probably send her over the edge. She didn't want to put her niece through that.

My POV:

I'm in Megan's room taking out the staples from her abdomen with Jackson standing close.

Megan: ow! Watch it Avery-Shepherd!
Delilah: pain is a good sign Megan.
Jackson: your nerves are regenerating and forming connections to the graft.
Delilah: we don't see any sign of rejection from your biopsy. You are recovering much faster than we'd hoped.
Megan: so I can get out of here soon. We need to email my C.O about transport.
Owen: okay, slow down. We need to check for infection and do physical therapy.

I see Bailey walk into the room.

Bailey: uh, he will be in the lobby in 15 minutes.

Harper Avery is coming to the hospital today to see all the new repairs for the hospital. I'm actually really excited to see him because I haven't really seen him since Jackson and I got married.

Jackson: I told you, my grandfather does not like crowds.
Bailey: and I told you to be there anyway.

I chuckle as Bailey walks out of the room. I hear Megan's phone go off and I see that her son Farouk was calling her.

Megan: hey mister. Guess who's coming home soon.

I smile at Megan. Once I was done with Megan, I quickly check on a couple patients. After checking on my patients, I get a text from Mer.

Mer Bear 🧸💕: Dr. Carr is a patient. Come find me. *room number*

Me: coming.

I run around until I find Walter Carr's room.

Delilah: Dr. Carr.
Walter: good morning Dr. Avery. How are you?
Delilah: I'm good.

-later-

I'm standing in the lobby with some of the department heads waiting for my grandfather to show.

Bailey: this is not every department head! I said every department head! Avery-Shepherd, where's Shepherd?
Delilah: I don't know. I haven't seen her all morning.

I grab my phone and text Amy.

Me: where are you? All the department heads need to meet in the lobby to greet Harper Avery and I need my co-head next to me. Get ur ass here ASAP!!