Chapter 219:

I'm walking around the halls with Owen as he tells Amy and I about what happened between him and Teddy in Germany.

Delilah: you can't give up that easily O. It's been four days. You can call her.
Amy: my niece is right, as always.
Owen: it isn't easy, and Teddy doesn't want to hear from me. Can't you both just trust my judgment on this?

Amy and I give each other a knowing look, then I dial Teddy's number.

Owen: what are you– no, no, no, no, no!

I giggle as I dodge Owen's hand. I press the call button and put my phone to my ear.

Delilah: this is happening– Teddy! Hey, it's Lilah. Did I catch you at a good– great. So Amy and I are standing here with Owen and—

Teddy starts going off the second she hears Owen's name.

Delilah: mhmm. Mhmm. Totally. Teddy, I just wanna add that– mhmm. Yep. Yeah, nice talking to you too. Love ya.

I sigh as I hang up.

Delilah: yeah... that's not happening. Sorry.

I smile innocently as Arizona approaches.

Arizona: hey! Oh my god, I never got to ask you how it went with Teddy—
Owen: it went great!

I wince as Owen storms off.

Arizona: well, at least it didn't go badly.

I grab a tablet and go to Theo's room. I smile as I walk in.

Delilah: hello!
Theo: there's my savior.
Delilah: oh, stop it you! Not in front of the fiancé.
Anna: trust me, you're fine. He's stuck with me whether he likes it or not.

I chuckle along with Theo's fiancé. Ever since I met her, we have become quite close. Despite my history with Theo, she actually likes me and I like her as well.

Delilah: well, good news is your vitals look really good and I have a feeling you can be discharged by the end of the week if your next few exams turn out good.
Anna: good, because he has been bugging me to get out of here. He hates hospitals.
Delilah: oh, I know. I remember one time in high school, he shattered his ankle skateboarding and he had to stay in the hospital for, like, three days. He called me, like, ten times every day begging me to get him out of the hospital. He even cried once.
Theo: hey!

Anna and I chuckle at Theo.

Delilah: I just thought I'd check on you. I'll have one of my interns check on you every couple hours. And if you need anything, just page me.
Theo: maybe I'll just page you to bug you.
Delilah: you are terrible.

Theo and I share a laugh.

Delilah: I have other important patients to check on, so I'll check on you later.
Theo: wow, I'm not important. I see how it is.

I chuckle at the man in front of me.

Delilah: don't push it Gallagher. I'll see you later.

I give Theo a hug then walk off to check on patients.

-later-

I'm walking through the halls looking through charts and I felt a hand on my back and I turn my head to see Jackson smirking at me.

Jackson: Dr. Avery, do you have time for a consult? It's urgent.

I smirk at Jackson as he placed his hand on my lower back.

Delilah: absolutely Dr. Avery.

I grab Jackson's hand and we laugh as we bolt to an on-call room.