Chapter 213:

I decided to ride with Mer to work the next morning and I was in the front seat looking out the window silently. I haven't said a word since last night. I was still really pissed off.

Meredith: you okay? You've been pretty silent since I picked you up.
Delilah: I'm fine.
Meredith: you are just as stubborn as Derek. Come on, tell me.
Delilah: 'kay, you don't have to choose sides or anything. She's your sister and I don't want to cause any trouble between you—
Meredith: wait. Why are we talking about Maggie?

I look at Mer confused.

Delilah: why go straight to Maggie? I mean, yeah, this is involving her, but why go straight to Maggie?
Meredith: Amelia would never do anything to upset you or hurt you. Well, at least not intentionally.
Delilah: okay, that's a fair point.
Meredith: what's going on?
Delilah: Maggie kissed Jackson yesterday.

Mer looks at me in shock then pulls the car over.

Meredith: what?!

I begin to explain everything that Jackson told me.

Meredith: and you believe him?
Delilah: of course I believe him Mer. He loves me, and I love him. I know he would never hurt me.
Meredith: what did you say to Maggie? Did she say anything?
Delilah: I didn't want to hear her excuses. She went after my husband, she doesn't get to make up excuses. Look, you don't have to take sides or whatever Mer. She's your sister, you don't want any drama between you two.
Meredith: no, I'm pissed. I'm on your side. I'm gonna talk to her.
Delilah: no, don't. I just want to do my job, okay? Can we please work today Mer?
Meredith: okay. Do you want to come over tonight and drink?
Delilah: if today doesn't go well, then yeah. 'Cause Lord knows I'll need it.

Mer and I stop for coffee and Mer buys me coffee to cheer me up then we drive to the hospital. We make it to the hospital and Mer tells me some stupid jokes to make me laugh as we walk through the ER doors. I look up and I see Jo and Alex standing outside of a trauma room.

Delilah: what's going on?

Mer and I look inside the trauma room and my eyes grow wide when I see Paul Stadler being examined by April. His face and head were all bloody.

Delilah: what the hell?
Meredith: what did you do?
Alex: we didn't do this.
Jo: my card was in his pocket, so they called me. But we were at home. We were in bed.
April: can I get a hand in here?!
Delilah: go to the attendant's lounge on 3.
M&D: and don't talk to anybody.

Alex and Jo run off while Mer and I run into the trauma room.

Meredith: hit and run?
April: yes. He's just waking up now. Dr. Stadler, calm down. We're trying to help you, okay? Feel a little stick here.

Paul screams in pain as April sticks a needle in.

Delilah: are there any suspects?
April: why would I know that?
Meredith: okay. You can't lose him.
April: I don't intend to.
Meredith: I mean, you really can't lose him.

I mean, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he dies. He deserves to rot in hell for what he did to Jo.

April: I won't.

Mer and I walk out of the trauma room.

-later-

I stand outside of Stadler's room and I see Alex and Jo come around the corner as Mer walks out.

Delilah: Mer.

I point towards Alex and Jo and we approach them.