Chapter 241:

Maggie is doing this whole environmental patient health thing, and I'm sitting in the "jungle" room with Mer as she goes over her work. She's been working very hard on it since it first came to her in her dream.

Meredith: what do you think?

Mer hands me the papers and I start looking through them.

Delilah: this is great.
Meredith: right?

Just then, Alex walks in.

Alex: what are you guys doing in here?
Meredith: hey. Research. I needed a change of scenery, and, you know, I have to say, the plants are actually very soothing.

Alex takes me out of the chair I was sitting in, sits down then places me on his lap.

Alex: what are you working on?

Mer shows Alex and I her laptop screen.

Alex: what is it?
Meredith: ingestible diagnostic device.
Alex: ingestible?
Meredith: mhmm. I mean, I think. I don't know. It came to me in a dream, sort of, so... how's Jo's trip going? Did she meet her mom?
Alex: I don't know. I haven't talked to her. How's DeLuca?
Meredith: where'd you say she was going, Pittsburgh?
Alex: yeah. Is he still being weird? 'Cause he's on my service today.
Meredith: why do you keep changing the subject?
A&D: why do you?

Alex sighs as I lay my head on his chest.

Alex: she– she's not answering her phone. She hasn't texted me all day. I'm worried.
Meredith: well, okay, so, she's probably just gonna come home and tell you everything.
Alex: what about the Italian?
Meredith: big blowup with his dad. Big. Does not want my input.
Alex: ohh.
Meredith: so I'm just trying to give him a minute.
Delilah: your boyfriend's being weird, and you're hiding in plants?
Meredith: well, if I was hiding out, you wouldn't be able to find me.
Delilah: ... okay, that's fair.

I get off Alex's lap then walk out with him. We separate then I walk into the blue light room where I see Amy and Maggie hanging out.

Delilah: hey.
Amy: hey! Sit down.

Amy gets up and gives me her chair then she sits on the floor.

Amy: so blue light lowers blood pressure?
Maggie: significantly. And some studies suggest that it could even improve your mood, so... and I'm not saying it's a cure-all or anything, but you might want to spend some time—

Maggie cuts herself off and I look at Amy and notice that she looked like she was in some sort of trance.

Maggie: okay, the room doesn't work that fast– what's going on?
Delilah: yeah Ames– what's up?
Amy: nothing.
Maggie: nothing?
Delilah: 'cause the last time we saw you, there was a fair amount of crying.
Amy: fine. I might have had some insanely good sex at the conference in San Diego.

I look at Amy in shock.

Maggie: wait, what? You had insane sex with a complete stranger in San Diego?
Amy: not a complete stranger. And not insane sex. Insanely good sex. And it helped my mood a lot more than this blue room.
Maggie: oh, okay, so, like a rebound.
Amy: more like muscle bound.

I chuckle at Amy. Just then, Link walks in.

Link: knock, knock.
Delilah: hey!
Link: Dr. Pierce. Dr. Avery.
Delilah: hi Link.
Link: uh... I took a look at your sternal reconstruction thing, and I emailed you some– some thoughts.
Maggie: oh, great. Thank you.

I look over at Amy who was staring at Link, and I immediately realize that Link was the one she hooked up with in San Diego.

Link: yeah, sorry it took me so long– I was a conference in San Diego.