Chapter 262:

A major blizzard has hit Seattle and the ER is manic right now with patients with frostbite and just people looking for shelter. I'm trying my best to keep everything under control with Owen helping me.

Owen: okay, so what are we—

I see a kid walking towards the doors letting in the cold air.

Delilah: hey kid! Get away from the door! Stop it! It's freezing out there and there are sick patients.

I roll my eyes as the kid runs off.

Dylan: sorry, Vic– Vic– hello?

I look up and I see Dylan with my husband.

Dylan: no, it's crazy in the ER right now. I can't talk. What do you– what do you mean? Why are you mad? Um, okay. You know what? I can't hear you. Hello?

I chuckle as Dylan looks at his phone then at me.

Dylan: pretty sure she just faked not hearing me so she could hang up.
Jackson: you paged me? You said you got a patient with frostbite?
Delilah: yeah. Beds 2,3,6,7 and 9.
Owen: have fun.

Owen hands the tablet to Jackson.

Jackson: all...
Owen: yep.
Delilah: have fun baby. Love youuuu!

I see the kid move towards the door again.

Delilah: okay seriously kid, you're getting on my last nerve. Get away from there!

I walk out of the ER and I see Mer on her phone.

Delilah: hey. Anything from Alex?
Meredith: no. I texted him, but nothing.
Delilah: I'm going to text him right now.

I grab my phone and text Alex.

Me: Alex, where are you? I'm getting really worried. Do you want me to have an anxiety attack? If not, text me or call me. Literally anything.

Meredith: you really pulled the anxiety card on him?
Delilah: damn straight I did.
Meredith: I mean, it always works.
Delilah: exactly. I'll see you later. Let me know if you hear from him.

I walk off towards the lounge and when I walk in, I see Maggie with Teddy.

Delilah: hey, hey!
Teddy: shh, shh, shh!
Delilah: why—
Link: still snowing?

I was a little bit startled when I heard Link's voice. I peek over the couch to see Link sprawled on the couch.

Delilah: it sure is pal. Coffee anyone?
Link: two sugars. Thanks.

I start making coffee.

Link: so, Amelia's not coming to work. She's not returning my calls or my texts. Are we just gonna keep doing this til the baby arrives, then we—
Delilah: would you like some coffee Teddy? Mags? I'm pouring for everyone.

I hand Link his coffee. The day Amelia let out her feelings about the paternity, Amelia broke things off with Link leaving him sad and confused.

Teddy: everything okay with Amelia? What, she got snowed in?
Link: something like that.

I take my coffee and I walk out.

-later-

I'm in the ER going through all the frostbite patients.

Delilah: hey baby. More frostbite, bed 10.
Jackson: of course there is.
Delilah: I love you darling.
Jackson: sure you do.

I kiss Jackson and then walk towards Owen and Teddy.

Owen: hey. So, mom called. Leo is stir-crazy. He keeps trying to open the front door. But Allison rolled over, twice.
Teddy: no! Wait, did your mom record– oh, you know what? I don't even know why I bothered to ask.
Kendra: help! Help me, please! Please help!