Chapter 207:

I decided to go over to Mer's to check on Meredith after her breakdown from Megan's surgery. I walk into Mer's room to see Alex, Maggie and Mer. I sit on the bed and we all talk.

Alex: you sent the kids to school and went back to bed?
Mag,Mer&D: don't judge me [her].
Alex: I'm not. Look, she'll heal. Right? Eventually, the wound will close.
Delilah: it will.
Maggie: it'll close.
Meredith: yeah, it'll be ugly and painful. Probably worse than it was before. And it'll take months to heal. She won't be able to travel.
Maggie: but it will close.
Delilah: Maggie's right. You'll use mesh, and it'll take time, but it will close.
Maggie: and now she has a functioning bowel, which she—
Meredith: stop!
Alex: you mad at yourself? Think you were wrong to try?
Meredith: yeah, I'm mad at myself. I was overconfident. And I'm also mad at medicine.
Alex: fair enough, but don't take it out on the wall.
Meredith: well, you did a terrible job patching it. You can see the whole entire outline.
Alex: alright, well, just stop picking at it before we have to replace the whole damn thing.

Mer stops picking at the wall and I see her face go into realization.

Meredith: Alex. That's it. That's it!

I look at Mer in confusion as she runs into the bathroom.

Alex: you know what that was about?
Delilah: knowing Mer, she probably has a good idea. Anywho, I'm gonna go to the hospital. Later losers!

I kiss Alex on the cheek then drive to the hospital. When I get there, I see Dylan and I catch up to him.

Delilah: hey brotha!
Dylan: hey sista!

I chuckle as Dylan throws his arm around my shoulders. I see April with Harriet and Dylan takes me with him as he approaches April.

Dylan: hey, you left early.
April: yeah, busy day.
Dylan: yeah, well, Maggie said a thing about a thing you apparently said to Maggie?
April: hey, you know what? My day is full. Can you take her to daycare?

April hands Harriet over to Dylan then drops her baby bag and bolts.

Dylan: well, do you think that mommy's avoiding me? I think mommy's definitely avoiding daddy, don't you?

I chuckle as I walk into the hospital with Dylan.

Delilah: give me your kid Dylan.

Dylan chuckles at me as he heads my goddaughter over to me.

Delilah: hi sweet girl. Oh my god, you are the cutest little nugget! Yes you are.
Dylan: you're really good with her.
Delilah: she just likes me more than you.
Dylan: rude. Have you and Jackson thought about having another kid?
Delilah: we've talked about it a couple times. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I ever got pregnant again. I mean, four kids would be a lot of work. Hell, three is already a lot of work, but it would be worth it.
Dylan: you and Jackson make really cute kids, so it would be totally worth it.
Delilah: Dyl, we've established many times that Jackson and I make cute kids.

Dylan and I laugh as we walk to the daycare together. We drop Harriet off then we split off to tend to patients.

-later-

I was checking over a patient chart when Mer and Jackson approach me.

Delilah: hey Mer, hey sweetie.
Meredith: Lilah, I'm doing a total abdominal-wall transplant on Megan, and I could really use you and Jackson's help with the nerves and the vascular microanastomosis.
Delilah: woah. A total abdominal-wall transplant? I'm in! I'm 100% in!
Meredith: I knew you would.