Chapter 209:

I walk over to Amy's room and stand outside the door and listen to Koracick's plan to remove Amy's tumor. I've been avoiding Amy since she told me about her tumor. But, just because I'm mad at her, that doesn't mean I can't be there.

Tom: I'll go in through a subfrontal craniotomy, real clean, small incision in the dura, and then scoop the tumor out. I don't like the edematous around the tumor, but I got to dance with the girl who brought me, so... I imagine you have questions.

I have a million, but I'll ask Koracick when he isn't around Amelia.

Bailey: yeah, uh, how many of these have you done?

A lot. I've read on everything Koracick has ever done.

Tom: so, so many.
Webber: and what's the recovery time?

I couldn't help but step in.

Delilah: he took a 13-centimeter tumor out of a cop and it was pretty much in the same place. From what I remember, he was walking day one, talking day three, and back to work by the end of the week. Am I correct Dr. Koracick?

Everyone in the room looks at me, including Amy. I ignore her looks and look at Koracick who was looking at me impressed.

Tom: that is very correct. Someone's done their research.
Delilah: I guess you could say that.
Tom: well, see you at the after party.

Koracick walks out of the room and I follow him.

Delilah: Dr. Koracick. Hi. I never had the chance to properly greet you, considering the fact that I didn't know until recently about Amelia. It's nice to see you again.
Tom: you as well.
Delilah: I want to thank you for helping me cover Amelia's service.
Tom: of course.
Delilah: but I have some ground rules. Amelia's told me all about you and your arrogance, so I want to make things clear. You are covering Amelia's service as co-head of neuro. Now, I know you are head of neuro at Hopkins, but I am the head of neuro here at Grey-Sloan so everything I say goes. Understood?

I try my best to sound as authorative as possible. I wanted to make it clear to Koracick that I'm the boss, I don't need him thinking that he can push me around.

Koracick: understood Chief.

I start going through the ground rules and surprisingly, he listens.

-later-

I'm going through charts for patients when Mer and Alex comes up to me.

Meredith: hey.
Delilah: hey guys.
Alex: you feeling okay?
Delilah: mhmm. I talked to my therapist and I feel a bit better.
Meredith: Amelia's going into surgery later today.
Delilah: okay. Let me know how it goes.
Meredith: Ellie, are you seriously not going to be there for her surgery?
Delilah: she neglected to tell me about her damn tumor Meredith.
Alex: she's your family.
Delilah: I have patients.

I walk off before Alex and Mer could say another word.

-later-

I'm sitting at a nurses station yelling at an intern.

Delilah: how could you mess this up? Because of you, my patient nearly died. It clearly states in chart that she's allergic to epinephrine, and what do you do?! You give her freaking epinephrine!! What is the matter with you?!

I see Scotty approaching me from the corner of my eye.

Delilah: you know what? You're not going anywhere near my patients, and you will be doing scut for the next two weeks. Now get lost! I don't wanna look at you.