Chapter 205:

I'm currently walking around the hospital on the phone with Alex.

Me- what do you mean you're there? Where are you?
Alex- I hired a guy. He gave me his name and where he works. Turned out he was scheduled to do a minimally invasive conference here in LA.
Me- you're in LA?! Oh my god. Wait. So, you're there, and Jo's husband is there?
Alex- yeah, I'm looking right at him.
Me- Alexander Michael Karev! What the hell are you doing?
Alex- I don't know. I don't know if I'm gonna do anything.

Jackson approaches me with a cup of coffee.

Me- come home, please Ally.
Alex- I can't yet. I gotta go.
Me- Alex, don't do anything stupid please. I need my best friend back.
Alex- I'll be fine Ellie, I promise. I'll see you when I get back. I love you.
Me- I love you too idiot. The next time you call me, it better not be from jail.
Alex- you overthink too much.
Me- no, I'm just protective of you and trying to make sure you don't land your ass in jail again. I'll talk to you later Alex. I love you.

Jackson: you okay?
Delilah: yeah, just worried about Alex. I don't wanna talk about it babe.
Jackson: that's okay lovey.

Jackson wraps his arm around my waist and we walk together.

-later-

I was paged to the ER by Mer so I'm examining the patient now.

Edwards: no hemotympanum. Battle sign behind the right ear.
Delilah: he's gonna need a head CT.
Minnick: I need you to explain why you're here Edwards.
Jackson: yeah, I got a six-centimetre oozing forehead lac here. I'm gonna need a suture tray when you're done.
Edwards: you assigned counseling. I've been counseled.
DeLuca: lactate 2.1, crit is 42, labs are good.
Meredith: I'm seeing fluid in Morrison's pouch.
Minnick: you went to counseling for a minute.
Edwards: my paper's been signed by Dr. Webber.
Minnick: oh, of course he did.
Meredith: we need to clear him for a liver lac. And until we rule that out DeLuca, we need to keep him on close observation.
Minnick: no DeLuca. That's all you Edwards.
Edwards: no I can't, I'm on neuro.
Minnick: you were. And now, you're on babysitting duty.
Edwards: I'm sorry, two hot dogs crash their sexmobile, and I don't get a surgery out of it?
Jackson: well, lucky for you, you can see up my head lac.

I walk out of the room. I see Amy examining a baby and I see her and Arizona walking off.

Amy: hey.
Delilah: hey.
Amy: do you mind finding Owen? The parents of that baby want to talk to him.
Delilah: uh, yeah. Sure.

I walk around and try to find Owen. I end up finding him in an exam room.

Delilah: hey.

I see Owen facing away from me towards the wall. I could sense from his body language that something was on his mind.

Delilah: is everything okay?

Owen doesn't respond.

Delilah: okay. Um... did you happen to treat a choking baby this morning?

Owen doesn't respond again.

Delilah: Owen.
Owen: yes! Why?

I was a bit taken aback at the tone of Owen's voice.

Delilah: Amy wanted me to tell you that the baby is in the PICU for observation. She looks good, but Amy wanted me to come find you because the parents want to speak to you.
Owen: why?
Delilah: no idea. Maybe they're upset or maybe they just—
Owen: upset because I saved their baby?
Delilah: Owen, I'm just the messenger. They want to speak to you, okay?
Owen: I'll talk to them.