Chapter 269:

3rd Person POV:

We see Owen and Jackson in the lounge.

Owen: how is she?
Jackson: she's weak, but she's hanging on.
Owen: how are the kids handling it?
Jackson: Michael's really worried about her. She was admitted four days ago, and she's been asleep for half of it.
Owen: she'll be okay. She's tough, she'll get through this. Hey, when was the last time you slept? You look terrible.

Jackson chuckles at Owen.

Jackson: I don't know. I've been so worried about her, I just can't shut my eyes.
Owen: I'm worried about her too. But she's gonna be fine.
Jackson: I hope so.

Meanwhile, Teddy was rounding on Meredith.

Meredith: how's Delilah? Is she awake? Is she getting worse? Please tell me she's okay.
Teddy: I am heading to her room next. I'll get her to call you after I see her.

Teddy walks out of the room and walks towards Delilah's room.

Andrew: present.
Mabel: patient was also admitted for respiratory support four days ago after a positive COVID test. Her O2 is 85% on six liters nasal cannula, WBC count is downtrending, and her latest creatinine is .83. And as of recently, she has been experiencing nausea, body aches and shivers.

Teddy walks into the room and sees Delilah under a mountain of blankets.

Teddy: hey.
Delilah: w-w-w-when are y-you going to let m-m-me out of here?
Teddy: I'm gonna let you out of here when you get some colour in your skin, and when I'm convinced that you won't collapse again.
Delilah: that was f-f-f-four days ago. I-I-I'm fine. There's someone who needs this r-r-r-room. W-w-we're almost at c-c-capacity.
Teddy: I thought Jackson got your log in privileges taken away.
Delilah: I own t-t-the place T-T-Teddy.
Teddy: I need to take a look at your inflammatory markers and your D-dimers. You need to rest. Do you need another warming blanket?
Delilah: y-y-yes. Wait, who's covering my service?!
Andrew: it's been handled Lilah. I already have Leon and Carlson covering your service.
Teddy: rest.

Teddy walks out of the room.

-later-

We see Dylan and Jackson walking towards Delilah's room.

Jackson: she's going to be okay.
Dylan: of course she is. Hey, your mom knows, right?
Jackson: yeah. She's been calling me every day for an update on her.

They look into the room and the boys get scared when they don't see Delilah in bed.

Jackson: what the hell?

The boys burst into the room and they see Delilah's feet on the other side of the bed and realize that she was passed out on the ground.

Jackson: Elle!
Dylan: Ellie, oh my god!

Dylan and Jackson kneel down in front of Delilah.

Jackson: Ellie. Baby.
Dylan: J, we need to turn her over. One, two, three. Come on, stay with us Ellie.
Jackson: come on baby.

Jackson throws an oxygen mask on his wife, silently praying that she's okay.

Jackson: Elle, come on baby.

Meanwhile in Delilah's unconscious state, we see Delilah on the beach again looking out to the ocean. She hears the voice again and she looks out into the distance and she felt a sense of familiarity hearing the voice. She walks towards it and she smiles when she sees who the voice belonged to.

The voice... was George O'Malley. Her best friend, her better half, her soulmate... her person.

George: Lily pie!
Delilah: Georgie.