Chapter 223:

I'm sitting in a room with Jackson along with a team from the foundation going their NDAs, when Bailey walks in.

Bailey: alright. Dr. Webber, we have to go. Vil Roy and his lawyer brother are here.

The day of the marijuana cookies, one of the interns Vik Roy was fired due to an incident with a patient. And now he wants to sue us for wrongful termination.

Webber: what do you mean "we"? You're the Chief.
Bailey: and you fired him.
Delilah: they say how much it would cost to settle?
Bailey: no, and unlike you and your husband, we don't have millions of dollars at our disposal.

I roll my eyes at Bailey.

Bailey: and if we can't settle, we have to make sure we were 100% justified in firing him.
Webber: I do recall his having a disrespectful attitude toward a patient who tried to cut off his own hand. Acted as if it were a joke.
Bailey: ooh, go on.
Webber: well, I called Dr. Carina DeLuca to tell the boy that masturbation was perfectly healthy—
Bailey: stop. I want you to imagine that sentence with "Your Honor" at the end of it.
Webber: ... yeah, never mind.
Bailey: mm. Avery's, do you have anything helpful on Dr. Roy?
Delilah: uh... can't think of anything.
Jackson: he tried to take advantage of Dr. Kepner during a particularly vulnerable time in her—
Bailey: "when he was an inter and she was an Attending, Your Honor".
Jackson: you know what? Forget I... said anything.

-later-

After my meeting with the foundation team, I call Amy to check on her about Betty.

Me- hey Ames!
Amy- hey kiddo!
Me- how's life with a 15 year old? Bet you never thought that would happen again for a while, much so a 15 year old junkie.
Amy- preach. I'm protected by the demon.
Me- wow, that good, huh?
Amy- yep. She's calling me pathetic, puking, the whole bag of dice. It's fun. What about you, how's correcting your former grandfather in-law's mistakes?
Me- absolutely exhausting. Jackson has given 25 million dollars to the women who were assaulted. It's very noble, and it's the sexiest thing in the whole world, how he's correcting all this, but... it's a lot of money Ames.
Amy- you feeling okay? I know this has been giving you a lot of anxiety.
Me- I can't lie, I had a bit of an anxiety attack this morning before the meeting. It's been pretty overwhelming for me, but I have Jackson by my side so I've been holding up okay.
Amy- call me if you ever need me, okay?
Me- thanks.

I felt Jackson's arms wrap around me from behind and he starts kissing my neck.

Me- hey Ames, uh, I... I have to go. Have fun with... with Betty.
Amy- use protection kiddos!

I chuckle as I hang up on Amy. I kiss Jackson then I drag him into an on-call room.

-later-

I get paged by Jackson to a conference room and I see him putting away papers.

Delilah: hi darling. I got your page. What's up?
Jackson: hi love. So, this is what I was able to set aside for the kids, plus a little bit extra if we ever decide to have any future kids. Everything I have might be up for grabs, but they can't touch this.

I smile at Jackson and pull him into a kiss.

Delilah: I love you so much. And the kids are so lucky to have you as a dad.
Jackson: I also scraped up some money for Dylan and April for Harriet. It wasn't much, but I want my brother and our goddaughter to be taken care of.