Chapter 196:

I'm at Mer's house folding laundry with her before I go to work and Alex was eating. Today is Alex's first day back to work and I was happy that I finally get to work with my best friend again.

Maggie: Alex, you got five minutes. I mean it.
Alex: I know.
Maggie: I can't be late. I have two consults this morning.
Delilah: I have four, back to back, not to mention three surgeries.
Meredith: so many teeny tiny socks.

I chuckle at Meredith going through the kids' socks.

Alex: why didn't you just go to work?
Delilah: because I wanted to be a great best friend and drive with my best friend to work on his first day back.
Alex: well, he appreciates that but you can go to work.
Delilah: nope, I'm going with y'all.

Alex chuckles at me then kisses my forehead.

Alex: I can't be late either. It's my first day back.
Delilah: I made you lunch for today Ally.
Alex: seriously?
Delilah: mhmm. Your favourite.

Alex grabs my face and plants multiple kisses on my cheeks, causing me to giggle.

Alex: this. This is why Lilah is my favourite person in the world.

I giggle as Alex kisses my cheek one last time.

Meredith: and none of them match. Why?

I chuckle at Mer as I go back to folding. I watch as Maggie runs around to get to her lunch.

Meredith: you know, maybe tomorrow I can pack a lunch for you, seeing how I have all the time in the world now.
Delilah: that won't be for long Mer.
Maggie: I told you to think of this like a vacation.
Amy: these are all folded wrong.

Amy had been staying with Edwards for a bit after the big fight with Owen. I yelled at her for not texting me, but she's safe here at Mer's so I forgave her.

Delilah: those are the ones Mer folded. My pile is over there.
Meredith: vacation or prison?

I whack Mer on the arm and give her a pointed look.

Meredith: ohhh. Sorry. Too soon?
Delilah: very.

I start grabbing my things and I give Amy a hug as she yawns.

Alex: hey, you don't get to act tired when you got a full night's sleep in my bed.
Amy: you made me take the room.
Alex: yeah, when I thought you were gonna be here for one night. I didn't think you'd move in.
Amy: I haven't moved in. I do not live here. I'm crashing.
Alex: no, you crash on a couch. You live in a bed. And you're living here. I crash on the couch and it sucks because I woke up with a Cheerio stuck in my face.
Meredith: you can have my bed because I'll be dead from boredom. Can that happen? Can your hypothalamus just curl up and stop working from lack of stimulus?
Delilah: well, speaking as head of neuro, yes technically.
Amy: hey, how can she suspend you? Don't you own the hospital?
Delilah: she can. Mer and I have both read the bylaws. I thought it was bullshit, so I read it four more times.
Meredith: checks and balances– this is how bored I am.
Maggie: Alex, Lilah, car, now.

I gather my things together.

Alex: I want my bed back.
Amy: I do not live here.
Delilah: Ames, if you ever want a place to crash, you can always come crash with me and Jackson. The kids would really like having you around. Come on Ally. Bye Mer, I'll text you about my surgeries today. Love you both.

I kiss Amy and Mer on the cheek before running out with Alex to the car and we all drive to the hospital together. When we get to the hospital, I change into my scrubs then I check out the pit.

Nurse: Dr. Avery.
Delilah: yes?
Nurse: 17 year old boy with a head lac in bed two.
Delilah: thank you.

I walk up to bed two.

Stole My Heart ❤️ {a Jackson Avery Love Story} (continued)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara