Chapter 265:

Today is Pro Bono Surgery Day and I'm excited to watch it happen.

I was walking into the hospital with Jackson with my hand locked in his.

Delilah: you excited for the game tonight?
Jackson: court side seats for me and my boys. It's gonna be great.
Delilah: you finally get rid of me for one night.
Jackson: well, that's the only downside. I don't get to be with my beautiful wife.
Delilah: you're such a cheeseball.
Jackson: only for you baby.

I chuckle as Jackson pulls me into a kiss.

Meredith: Avery, I'm stealing your wife.

I pull away from Jackson and look at Mer.

Delilah: you don't even need to ask. Yes, I'll help you with Pro Bono Surgery Day.
Meredith: this is why you're my favourite.
Delilah: I know. I'll see you later babe.

I kiss Jackson then I run off to check on some patients before I go to Pro Bono Surgery Day.

-later-

Meredith: good morning. Welcome to Pro Bono Surgery Day. I appreciate you all rearranging your schedules to be here. I would make a speech, but we don't really have the time because Koracick pulls the plug at 7:00. So, all the beds turn into pumpkins.
O&D: at least Cinderella had until midnight.

Everyone laughs as Owen and I share a high five.

Meredith: did you have to pick today to start telling jokes you two?

Owen and I look at each other and stifle a laugh.

Hayes: you know what they call Pro Bono Surgery Day in Ireland? Every day.

I laugh at Hayes along with everyone else.

Meredith: great. More jokes. Okay. Hayes, you are on bed 8. Hunt and Ka– Jo, uh, you have AV fistula, bed 6. Take Brody with you.
Jo: wait, uh, it's Wilson now. Wait, I don't like that either. I– okay, for now it's– it is– it is Jo. It is Dr. Jo.

I pat Jo on the back and look at Mer.

Delilah: you better give me something good Grey, or else I'm walking away.
Meredith: ex-lap. Bed 2.
Delilah: I'll take it.

I grab the chart and run towards my patient.

-later-

I was paged by Andrew to the clinic and when I get there, Andrew grabs my wrist and looks me dead in the eye.

Delilah: dude, I have a surgery soon and if I don't get in quick, Meredith will kill—
Andrew: I need you to look at me and act normal, okay?
Delilah: um... okay?
Andrew: the girl in bed 3 is a human trafficking victim.

I try my best to keep my face as neutral as possible.

Delilah: DeLuca...
Andrew: the aunt, who I don't even think is the aunt, is doing all the talking for her and the girl is reluctant to answer my questions. She fits the profile, alright? You have to believe me.
Delilah: Andrew—
Andrew: see for yourself!
Delilah: I have a surgery to get into, okay Andrew? I don't have time for this.
Andrew: you don't believe me.
Delilah: I believe that there is a woman over there who is trying to take care of a child. Andrew, I'm worried about you. Page Bailey, get it cleared up and go home. Get some rest Andrew.