Chapter 260:

I'm looking over charts when I bump into Mer.

Delilah: hey Mer bear!
Meredith: hey you! Everything better with Jackson?
Delilah: yeah, everything's fine.

I see Hayes coming down the stairs with two teenage boys.

Hayes: lads, say hello to Dr. Grey and Dr. Avery-Shepherd please.

I smile at the two boys, despite them looking very unamused.

Meredith: hey.
Delilah: hi guys.
Son 1: hi.
Meredith: nice to meet you guys.

The boys just walk off and we look at Hayes.

Hayes: there was a time when they loved having a tour of whatever hospital it was I was working in. Now they just want to know where the cafeteria is.
Meredith: is there no school today?
Hayes: parent-teacher conferences.
Delilah: ah.

Amy comes up to us as Hayes walks off with his sons.

Amy: did I see a certain chief resident leave the house this morning?

I gasp at Meredith. She didn't tell me she was seeing Andrew again.

Meredith: did you? Hmm, that's interesting.
Delilah: so you're back together? More importantly, you're back together and you didn't tell me? Your best friend/stepdaughter.
Amy: my thoughts exactly.
Meredith: I know why you're interested Lilah, but I don't know why you are.
Amy: I'm anxious.
Delilah: Amy deflects when she's anxious, much like most of the Shepherds in our family.
Amy: also I'm looking for examples of love enduring hardships.
Meredith: well, I wouldn't go that far yet. But the sex is great. Does that count?
Amy: doesn't hurt.

I chuckle at the two women as Mer hops on the elevator.

Delilah: sometimes I seriously question how I'm related to you.

I chuckle at Amy as Jo approaches us.

Jo: don't worry, Link's not with me.
Amy: why would I be—
Jo: I know that you're getting the paternity results back today, and I know that you've been avoiding him ever since he said that he wanted the test, and I know that you're not happy about it either, but Link may look like a department store mannequin, but he is actually human, and he gets to have feelings. He gets to be mad. He gets to have doubts. He gets to be upset that he got taken for a ride.
Amy: it was not my intention to take—
Jo: your intention doesn't really matter here. What matters is the reality of the situation, and when two people love each other, they just need to be given all of the information so that they can process it and rise. Because if given the chance, they will rise.

Amy and I look at Jo confused.

Delilah: Ames, can you leave us?

Amy nods her head then walks off.

Delilah: what's going on Jo? You going through something?
Jo: Alex, uh, hasn't been returning my calls. He says that he's going through something, and he needs time, and if I didn't know better, I would think he was getting revenge for when I needed time. But, um, I know he would never do that, so... I'm sorry. I'm anxious and I—
Delilah: deflect when you're anxious. Believe me, Amy is the same way. So am I. Literally most of the Shepherds are like that.
Jo: have you talked to Alex?
Delilah: if I'm being honest, he hasn't returned any of my calls either and I'm kinda worried. But I'm sure that he isn't getting revenge for when you needed time. You know how things are when it comes to his mom. I'm sure everything will be fine.
Jo: thanks. I think I needed to hear that.
Delilah: I've got your back Jo. I know we never really saw eye to eye in the beginning, but I really like you and I do consider you a friend, not just for Alex's sake. I genuinely consider you a friend and I care about you.