Chapter 212:

I'm walking around with Amy, Maggie and Meredith on my phone.

Maggie: ugh.
Meredith: ugh.
Delilah: ugh.
Amy: what's wrong?
Meredith: I mean, when you win a Harper Avery, you barely have any time for surgery anymore.
Amy: not a real problem. What's yours?
Maggie: I'm saying yes to a Tinder date.
Amy: also not a problem.
Maggie: see you tonight Clive.
Delilah: Clive?
M&D: that's a problem.
Maggie: I'm saying yes to possibility and to life and to love.
Meredith: that's a whole lot of yeses for an early morning.
Amy: maybe if it works out, he'll change his name for you.
Delilah: I'm with Amy on that one.
Amy: okay, what about you? What's your problem?
Delilah: I ordered a new couch online, 'cause my old couch decided to break on me for no good freaking reason, and it was supposed to come in three days ago and every single time I call the company, they can't give me a straight answer. If I can't get one, I'm gonna go over to the company and strangle them all myself.
Amy: now, that sounds like a problem. A very adult one at that.

I chuckle as we approach Jo, who was just appointed Chief Resident, with the interns.

Maggie: Wilson, who do you got for me?
Jo: oh, okay. Uh... Parker, you're on cardio with Pierce.
Meredith: I have a splenectomy, and I need a couple hands.

Every intern raises their hands and start shouting on top of each other.

Amy: you're popular now.
Jo: I said try not to embarrass me.
Meredith: glasses. You're with me. Let's go.

I chuckle as Schmitt runs off with Mer.

Jo: would not have been my first choice. But moving on. Okay, Avery-Shepherd?

Every intern raises their hands and starts shouting on top of each other again, causing me to smirk.

Delilah: they adore me. Hmm... you. We're gonna be in the pit today. Let's go! I don't like slow walkers.

I could feel the intern behind me and I could sense the fear on the girl, which made me smirk.

-later-

I'm finishing up on a patient then I approach Owen.

Delilah: so, a little birdie told me a little secret about you. Carina DeLuca, huh? That was fast. I mean, I don't blame you honestly. She's pretty hot.
Owen: I am newly single Ellie, it's just fun. Are you not bothered by it? I mean, Amy's your family and I thought you'd be mad at me for moving on so quick.
Delilah: Owen, as your person, I support you in any way. I'm not judging you. I guess you and Amy weren't really meant to be.

Suddenly, I hear a flatline and I see that my patient was coding.

Delilah: crap, she's coding! Get me a crash cart!
Owen: come on! Charge to 200!

Once we got the crash cart, I grab the paddles and charge. I was about to defib, when I see monitors start going into a flatline.

Delilah: Owen!
Owen: go, go, you go!

Most of the monitors were flatlining and I check to make sure if the patients were actually dying or still okay.

Delilah: what the hell is happening?

I run over to Owen.

Delilah: what the hell is this?
Owen: I wish I knew.
Delilah: Bello, will you try and calm these people down?

Owen and I walk over to the nurses station.