Chapter 63: An Excellent Sparring Match

Comincia dall'inizio

"I already won," I told him cheerfully as I held out a hand to him instead. "No need to go any further."

Gai gently took my hand and I pulled him up. His hands felt warm and calloused. A part of me didn't want to let go, enjoying the feeling of our hands joined together, but I didn't want to be awkward so I let go.

"You're truly amazing Kira," Gai responded with a smile. "That move you pulled back there putting me in a choke hold was brilliant! Such youthfulness!"

"Thanks! I've been trying to come up with more defensive tactics when it comes to my taijutsu," I told him happily. "You just ended up being my guinea pig. Plus, I knew I could never really beat you with strength alone! You're still faster than me and quite a deal stronger."

"Well it worked. Really shocked me too," he stated his face a bit flustered.

All the sudden and anbu member appeared beside us, causing us to look over curiously.

"The Third Hokage has requested your presence," he said.

"Both of us?" I asked for clarification.

"No. Just Kira Hatake," he responded and then disappeared once again.

"Guess I've got a mission maybe," I spoke as I scratched the back of my head. "To think I could spend my day training with you instead."

"We can always train some more together later when you come back," Gai suggested with his signature smile.

I chuckled. "Maybe. You might be on a mission as well soon," I pointed out.

"True but I'll try to get back as soon as possible so we can have another sparring match!" He declared.

"Alright. I can't wait," I told him.

I went over, getting on my tippy toes as I leaned up. I kissed him on the cheek and his eyes widened in surprise. I just smiled and then raced off.

"See you later!" I called back.

Gai stood there for awhile longer as he put a hand up to his cheek. It wasn't the first time she's done that throughout the time they've known each other, but each time he was always surprised since he never expected it, even if it was always something he wanted her to do. He smiled to himself as red dusted his cheeks, happier than ever.

I soon arrived at the hokage's office. I lightly knocked before entering. When I walked in, I looked over surprised to see Nari there as well.

"You summoned me Lord third," I spoke as I stood before him, giving a small, respectful bow.

"Yes. You both are about to be assigned a top secret mission," he spoke as he lightly smoked his pipe. "Your sensei....she's alive."

Both Nari and I stood there in complete shock.

Emiyo Sensei.....She's alive!

"H-How?!" I stuttered out still shocked.

"We are unsure of the situation, but a band of rouge ninja have fled from the Land of Water and someone spotted Emiyo amongst them," he explained further.

"Do they know if she is a hostage or anything?" Nari asked, wanting more information on the situation.

"We do not know if she is being held captive or not," he replied honestly. "We do know that they're currently located in a cave on a mountain to the east. The mission is for you to take care of the rouge ninja and get Emiyo out of there. We have lots of questions for her, but we also want to make sure she is alright."

I nodded. "Understood Lord Hokage," I responded.

"Get ready to depart immediately. This mission is most definitely dangerous. The reason I'm only sending you two is due to Kira's proficiency in healing jutsu in case this turns out to be a rescue mission. Plus, we need this to stay under the radar," he said, giving final instruction.

"Yes Lord Third. We will depart now," Nari declared.

Both of us headed out of the office, I ran home to get some supplies and to make sure Naruto would be okay while I'm gone.

"It's a secret mission. Whoa!" Naruto spoke clearly in awe.

"Mhm," I said as I gathered my things. "There's lots of ramen in the pantry for you to prepare and Daiko is here to look after you. Do not wander alone in Konoha at night and stay safe. If you need anything, just ask one of the shinobi in the village and they can take you to Lord Third or one of my friends."

"Okay big sis," he responded.

I kneeled down in front of him and gave him a big hug, holding him close to me.

"I'll miss you. Stay out of trouble please," I said as I ruffled his hair.

He snickered. "No promises!"

I chuckled in amusement and then pulled away. I waved goodbye to Naruto and Daiko a pat on the head before departing. I met Nari at the front gates.

"Ready?" He asked.

I gave him a curt nod and we took off, racing to the location. When nightfall came we were about two thirds of the way there, deciding to camp out to save energy.

"To think she was alive all this time...." I murmured as I stared up at the stars.

"Yeah....Do you even think she knows....about what happened to Daiki," Nari asked.

"I have no clue. We don't even know why she is with rouge ninja," I stated. "I don't even want to think about the worst case scenarios."

"Then don't. Get some rest and we'll deal with it tomorrow," Nari said.

"Mhm....Goodnight Nari..." I murmured as I turned onto my side.

"Night Kira..."

Another chapter. Hehehehehehe

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!
We got some Gai moments!! Ayyyyye!! I love him sm. ❤

Kira is also going on a mission and oh, her sensei is alive!?!? Crazy! Lol

Anyway, next chapter will be out tomorrow and it'll be a looooonnng chapter.

Love y'all! Have a great rest of your day!