story 49

JJ's POV:

Kie was in California, Pope was in Connecticut, John B was in South Carolina, and Sarah was in New York. We were all over the place, well, I was still in the OBX.

I missed my friends like crazy. My dad left so I had the house to myself. I've been saving up money and I just bought a plane ticket to California. I was going to surprise Kie and go visit her in college. I have never flown before and I was a little nervous but I wanted to go see my best friend.

I arrived and I made my way to her college campus. I just started asking around and I figured out her dorm name and her room. I knocked on the door and it was kinda late. Kie opened the door in an oversized t-shirt. Her hair was down and curly and she looked beautiful.

"J" She said as she practically jumped into my arms

I picked her up and hugged her and then our hug broke and she asked, "What are you doing here? I mean I'm so excited you're here, but wow.."

"I missed you so I got on a plane" I simply said and she smiled

"I missed you, come in!"

I walked into her room and her roommate was already asleep. Kie was getting ready for bed and I did the same. She was laying in bed and she moved over and said, "Come here"

I laid down in the small twin bed with her and she moved closer to me. We talked quietly for about an hour just about life. We woke up to Kie's alarms for her class.

"I think you should skip class" I said

"I can't, I have a test... Let me go take my test then I'll skip the rest of my classes and we can go surfing"

"Okay.." I said alying in her bed and her roommate was already gone

I laid in bed while she took her test and then she came back and saw me still in bed. She came and laid down next to me and I asked, "How was your test?"

"I was a little rushed as I wanted to finish it so we could go surfing" She said smiling

I grabbed her and pulled her into bed with me and she just happened to land on me and then her roommate walked in.

"Damn, get it, roomie!" Kiara's roommate said walking in

Kie got up laughing and said, "It's not like that, he's my best friend."

Kie introduced us and then we got ready and went to the beach to go surfing. Kie and I spent hours in the water and on the beach and we watched the sunset.

That night we were going to a party with Kie's friends. She looked incredible and we were at a beach party. Her roommate, Hannah was there. Her other friends Allison, Cody, Ryan, and Dylan were there.

Dylan was hanging out really close to Kie all night. He grabbed her and they were dancing together. Her roommate started dancing with me and I wasn't into it. Hannah told me that Dylan and Kie had a thing. Kie walked away from Dylan and stepped in and started dancing with me. We were laughing and having fun and then Kie whispered, "Let's go"

We left the party and she brought me back to her dorm room. It was like three in the morning and we were both getting ready for bed. She was exhausted and I took my shirt off and I caught her looking at me.

"Checking me out?" I asked

"You wish.." She said rolling her eyes

"So I heard you and Dylan are a thing?"

"He wishes... He's not my type.. I was looking at your stomach to make sure there were no bruises" She said softly

She was always trying to take care of me, "Nope, I'm all good now that he left the island. Paradise on earth without Luke Maybank there."

She hugged me and I said, "I don't have the money to buy plane tickets to fly across the country for three days to see you. Hell, I can't afford gas money to go see John B and he's three hours away. But I did because I needed to see you. I miss you and it physically hurts me. I can't stop thinking about you and it kills me because you are so far away."

"I missed you too..." She said hugging me

"You know, when John B and later on Sarah came to visit, I didn't let either of them sleep in my bed with me. I don't ever let anyone sleep in my bed with me, except for you... You're my best friend and you have been for a very long time and I love you, J..."

"I love you, Kie... I would fly across the country any day at any time for you." I said leaning in to kiss her as we made out and she pulled back

"I told Hannah not to come back tonight" She said which made me smile as she lifted off my shirt and we started to make out

"Are you sure?" I asked her as things got heated quick

"Yes, are you?"

"Hell yeah! I've been waiting for this moment for years" He said kissing me again