Chapter 51: My Return to the Leaf

En başından başla

"She's currently pregnant and having a medical nin nearby would most likely ease my worries," he said.

"She is!" I spoke joyfully. "That's wonderful. I'm so happy for you two!"

"Thank you," he responded with a small gleeful smile. "I also figured it would be like old times having you stay at the household."

"Do you know where Kakashi is by the way?" I asked curiously.

"He's apart of the anbu now," Minato replied. "So he's been all around."

"Ah. I see. So the Hatake house is probably now someone else's," I commented.

"Don't worry about that Kira. It doesn't matter about the house as long as you still hold the memories dear to you," he stated.

I nodded in agreement. We then parted ways and I made my way to Kushina's house. I lightly knocked before entering.

"I'm home," I called out as I began to take off my shoes.

I walked into the house and set down my bag before looking around. I then ducked when a spatula came at me out of no where.

"Wait mom! I mean..." I spoke shocked at my own words.

"Kira?" Kushina spoke as she walked over.

She seemed to stand there, taking in my appearance before a smile began to form on her face.

"Welcome home!" She called as she moved to me quickly, enveloping me in a hug.

I slowly hugged her back and tears began to form in my eyes.

"It's good to be home," I spoke softly as I pulled away from the hug.

I gazed over her and then looked at her now obvious stomach.

"How far along are you?" I asked curiously.

"Four months," she replied softly as she lightly rubbed her belly. "I'm so happy you're back. It's been so long!"

I nodded in agreement.

"What all has happened since I've been gone?" I asked curiously.

She stood there for a moment, thinking to herself as if she was carefully choosing what she said next.

"Besides the war ending and Minato becoming Hokage, nothing else has really happened," she stated. "A couple of your friends became jonin."

"Oh. That's great," I replied. "I think I'm gonna go wander around the village for awhile and take in the scenery. I'll be back by sunset."

"Good. I will have dinner done by then," Kushina responded with a cheeky smile.

I hugged her one more time before heading out. I walked around the village, taking in the familiar but different surroundings. Only a few things changed. Some of the buildings were a bit different but that seemed to be most of it. Konoha was actually bustling with more people since it was more peaceful now. No worry of war or anything.

"Is that....Kira?"

I looked over at the dumpling place and smiled when I saw some familiar faces.

"Kurenai, Asuma, Ebisu, Genma! It's so good to see you guys!" I spoke happily as I raced over, hugging Kurenai.

"It's so good to see you!" Kurenai responded as she hugged me back.

"Did you just get back?" Asuma asked curiously.

"Yeah. I just stopped by the hokage's office and dropped my things off at home," I replied.

"Wow. So you've only been here for a little while," Ebisu stated.