Chapter 31: Because Of Me

Comincia dall'inizio

"But you're hurting yourself....You're my friends....I don't want you guys to get hurt because of me," I murmured as I stared down at the ground.

Before he could respond Daiki began to cough and my head shot up in his direction in worry. I went back over to sit beside his bed, Nari standing beside me.

"You're both here..." Daiki murmured and smiled up at them.

"How are you feeling Daiki?" Nari questioned as he gazed him over.

I noticed Nari had activated his Byakugan.

"I'm doing better," he responded before coughing some more.

Nari looked over at me, his expression showing sadness as he shook his head. Daiki was lying. I looked back over at Daiki and took his hand in mine.

"Kira....Can you promise me something...." Daiki murmured.

I sadly smiled and then nodded in response.

"Become the strongest shinobi for me...." he replied, smiling a big smile.

"What're talking about? You're going to get better and become the strongest shinobi," I retorted back in denial.

"Kira....Promise me please..." he replied, his voice becoming more serious. "I can't feel anything below my neck. I can barely breathe right......I could hear what others said. Even if I recover I can't be a shinobi anymore. I don't want to live like this. Death would be better."

"Don't say that! You're being ridiculous!" I yelled at him. "You can keep living! I'll help you get stronger!"

"I'm just glad I was able to do something heroic.....I saved one of my best friends," he said, giving me a closed eye smile. "I've already become a great shinobi and you're going to become the strongest for me. Promise me!"

I sat there as tears began to slowly fall down my cheeks, facing the reality of the situation.

"I promise. I promise I'll become the strongest for you!" I declared confidently.

"Good...." he said as he gave a raspy exhale. He then looked over at Nari. "Thanks for being my friend Nari. Even though you try to act cool when you're a loser, you've been a great friend."

Nari stared at him with sad eyes and then nodded, giving a small smile.

"You were a great friend too, Daiki.....My best friend...." Nari replied shakily.

"I'm glad...." Daiki responded and then closed his eyes. "I'm.....glad...."

We sat there in silence for a long time as he fell unconscious and soon his breathing stopped. I immediately pressed my head against his chest, listening as his heartbeat got slower.....and slower....and slower.....And....stopped. I sat back up in shock and began to hyperventilate.

"Kira," Nari spoke nervously as he was also trying to hold himself together.

"AHHHHHHHH!"

I screamed in anger. I screaming in mourning! I was screaming because I lost my friend and it was because he saved me.

Soon the door bursted open. There stood Kakashi, Rin, Gai, and Obito, all piling in to see what was wrong. They had come by to visit but were startled by the yells coming from the room.

"Kira!" Kakashi called as he was to my side immediately.

I was still yelling, tears streaming from my eyes. He held me close to him, pressing my face to his chest as he tried to calm me. Nothing could help me.....

"Is he...." Obito shakily spoke as he walked further into the room.

"Yes...." Nari spoke and looked over at the others.

"I'll get Lady Tsunade!" Rin immediately spoke and raced off.

I continued to cry and soon enough my emotions tired myself out, causing me to stop and begin falling into unconsciousness.

I'm so sorry....Daiki.

I'm sorry! I know this is really sad and I'm sorry!

I love Daiki. He's an amazing character I created and I'm sad to see him go. But he's in a better place. He was able to be a great shinobi and save his friend. Dying for Kira is something he doesn't regret.

His death is important for the story and I promise that even though he has passed, we'll still get a bit of Daiki from time to time.

I hope you're still enjoying the book even though we're moving into the more emotional arcs.

Thank you for reading!