PART 125

Sitting beside shehnaaz on the bed sidharth was numb. The words doctor had just uttered made him freeze on his place.

He was quiet as if his mind went blank. His gaze was fixed on nothing particular. He couldn't think anything. The doctor's words were ringing in his mind.

Leaning against the back rest shehnaaz looked at the doctor wide eyed to which the doctor smiled at her nodding her head letting shehnaaz  know that they heard right.

Her eyes moved away from the doctor to down on her own stomach. The words rang in her head again letting her process them in her mind.

"you are pregnant shehnaaz" her lips parted to inhale a deep breathe as her mind processed the meaning of the words.

Her hand trembled as she slowly moved it to her stomach. Keeping her hand ever so softly on her stomach she breathed parting her lips.

She was pregnant. Even before she could realise her eyes were glistening with a thin layer of tears.

She was pregnant, her mind repeated the words again and again making her eyes fill with tears which were threatening to roll down her eyes any moment.

She couldn't believe what the doctor had said but it was true. The shock she just received was soon replaced as a wave of extreme happiness washed through her.

It was like she just received the happiest shock of her life. There was a life in her stomach. A baby in the making !

Biting her lower lip she smiled amidst tears which were flowing down her eyes indicating the happiness she was feeling inside with the news.

She would be a mother very soon. The realisation made her heart swell with the deepest emotion she had ever felt.

Her hand caressed her stomach with extreme softness while a soft gasp left her lips thinking about the little life there.

The life sidharth and her created !

Sidharth !

Her eyes immediately moved towards her sidharth who was sitting numb beside her. He didn't react since the doctor uttered about her being pregnant.

She could see he was shocked, more than her. It was as if he was in a daze for those few moments not realising what had doctor just said.

"Sidharth" whispered shehnaaz looking at him as her hand moved towards his.

The moment her fingers touched the skin of his hand, his gaze moved down to his hand bringing him out of his daze.

His gaze fell on her fingers which were slowly entwining with his. His fingers moved along hers holding them in his as his eyes moved from their hands to her face.

The moment their gaze locked, he looked deep into her wet eyes. It seemed as if he was finding something in her eyes and she could understand what it was. She understood him well enough to know what he wanted.

Confirmation !! 
He wanted her to confirm that he heard right. He wanted her to tell him that it was true, that he wasn't dreaming.

Another layer of fresh tears fell down her eyes as she slowly nodded at him with her lips forming into a smile. It felt as if she herself was unable to believe.

Getting up from the bed the doctor looked at them with a smile on her face. Thinking to give them their time, she chose to leave the room and wait outside. Walking up to the door she went outside after closing the door behind.

His lips parted as he inhaled a deep breathe closing his eyes. It was true. He wasn't dreaming, it was real.

They were two bysy in their life that they just didn't see it coming. They didn't realise that they never used protection and them being with their family together in the last month made them forget the possibility of her getting pregnant any time soon.