PART 108

Avoiding to make any noise shehnaaz quietly pulled a stool closer to his bed and set there silently.

Her gaze was fixed on his face. His eyes were still closed. She kept looking at him with moist eyes, the moistness she herself didn't realise in her eyes.

She couldn't see that strong manly face of his today. Her man looked tired with all the colour of his face drained out. Her chest felt heavy inside again.

Her stomach churned to see him like this. Pressing the pads of her fingers in corner of her eyes she wiped those tears before they could trickle down her eyes.

She waited for him to open his eyes and look at her the way he always do. He hadn't open his eyes since the moment he breathed her name before loosing his conscious.

She knew he had just gone through a crucial surgery. It will take time for him to gain his consciousness back yet her heart craved to look into his eyes right then.

She had to wait and the wait seemed difficult for her after what she had gone through in last few hours.

Her eyes then moved down to his chest. His wound! His body was covered with a thin sheet keeping his chest bare. The stitches just closer to his heart could be seen.

Her lips parted as she inhaled a deep breathe to calm her heart which felt the restlessness back inside seeing his wound.

The moment in the car when her sidharth was struggling to breathe flashed in front of her eyes. He looked so vulnerable and helpless to breathe in those moments.

Tears brimmed in her eyes as the visuals haunted her deep inside. Those negative thoughts in those moments were making her feel suffocated.

Him unable to breathe had taken her own breathes too. She could never see him in such situation ever. It was just too much for her to take.

She understands that he had been operated. The wound will take time to heal but he will be fine yet her heart dropped into her stomach for him.

Why did he had to go through this? What was his fault? He had never done anything wrong with anyone. Though he punishes cruel people in his own way but he never harmed an innocent.

He himself was an innocent too. The life he chose, it was the circumstances which made him choose this life.

He was just a small kid in this giant body. The kid he only let her to see, the kid which only comes out in front of her.

He deserved only happiness. He deserved live, unconditional love. God has given him enough pain to take any more tests of his.

Biting her lower lip she pushed her tears back while her hand moved closer to touch his face. Realising something she pulled her hand back before she could touch his face.

He had just gone through a surgery, they were still in OT. Though she came inside after sanitising her hands yet her heart didn't let her touch him.

She could wait instead of causing any infection to him. If anything more happens to him because of her negligence, she will not to be able to take that.

She should not have entered inside on the first place but the need to see him once made her come in the OT.

Getting up she looked at him longing in her eyes for him. Sending a silent prayer to God for his well being she stepped back going away from her.

She didn't want to but she had to. Walking back towards the door she turned to look at him once.

The urge to look into his eyes made her look at him with hope again wanting him to open his eyes even knowing he won't made her wait near the door but he was still the same.