I laughed and said, "Only because you saved me from the other end, yes...Thank you, for saving me by the way..."

"We saved each other..." He said making intense eye contact with me and I forced myself to look away

I was acting distant toward him. I avoided him the best I could and we were fishing. Then we got into a stupid argument because I wasn't doing it right. I was so pissed at him. We had one pole and I was putting the bait on the right way.

"You know what, I'm done with this... Why don't you go ask Cleo to do it she seems to be your fishing buddy..." I yelled as I walked the quarter of a mile back to our fire

JJ came back an hour later with a fish and he cooked it on the fire and we didn't say a word to each other. We both ate and then I fell asleep on the hard ground. The next day, we got up and packed up JJ's backpack, and kept exploring.

We walked deeper into the island and we came across a creepy abandoned house. It was falling down and we were walking inside it. JJ went first and we started looking around. The place didn't have much in it and the roof was caving in. I opened the door to a room and JJ was right behind me and something popped out. I turned around and JJ pulled me behind him with his strong arms. We both started laughing when we realized it was just a bird.

The next day we met back with everyone and Sarah asked me how being alone with JJ was and I told her it was fine and nothing happened because he liked Cleo. Two days had passed and I was attempting to help JJ make a surfboard. He was uptight and frustrated and he screwed up and said, "Fuck, Kie... Just let me do it myself..."

"You're so fucking uptight and you're acting like a dick. Go hook up your new fuck buddy to relieve some of that stress!" I said pissed off as I stormed off and everyone watched me walk away

"Kie, what the hell?" JJ called out after me

I kept walking and once we were out of sight from everyone, JJ caught up to me.

"Leave me alone..." I said hiding my tears as I hated crying in front of people, especially JJ

He saw me crying and he got concerned and he hugged me and I pushed him back.

"Kie, what's going on? You've been acting weird since we got to this island."

I looked at him and I said, "I'm fine, don't worry about me."

"I'm not hooking up with Cleo just so you know..." He said looking at me and I didn't believe him

I shook my head no and said, "Okay, cool.. I don't care..."

"She's been flirting with me, trying to talk to me, asking me to hang out with her, following me around, and a million other things. And I don't give a fuck about Cleo..."

"Wow, JJ turning down a girl... That's something I've never heard of before. Usually, you don't who the girl is all you care about is if she'll have sex with you... Your body count is probably higher than you can count so what's one more. Just fuck Cleo, it's not a big deal we all know you want to." I yelled back at him

"I've never cared who I'm hooking up with because those girls mean nothing to me. They don't matter and th..."

"Oh, that's great to hear, JJ. I'm sure all those girls would love to hear that you didn't give a shit about them.." I yelled and he was getting angry

"Hook-ups mean nothing to me, it's a one-and-done kinda thing. Every girl I'm with knows that and they are fine with it. I have no feelings towards Cleo and I don't want to be hanging out with her, I want to be with you but you've been acting like a bitch the whole time we've been here. I mean seriously, Kie... We had three days alone on this island and you barely talked to me. That could have been our mini-surf trip."

"You were macking Cleo.. I saw you kiss her the night before we left..."

"She kissed me and I pulled back right away... You seem jealous.. What do you want to kiss me?" He asked in a joking and cocky way

"Maybe I do" I said looking at him

He just rolled his eyes like he didn't believe me. He looked down and he said, "We should head back..."

I wanted to kiss him and tell him how I felt but I was terrified he wouldn't feel the same way. He looked at me like he was about to talk but then he stopped. He took a few minutes before he spoke.

"Kie, I'm sorry that you thought there was something going on between me and Cleo. I promise there is nothing and there won't ever be anything. There is only one girl on this island that I want and I've wanted her for years. It's not Cleo and Sarah is with John B so you can do the math and figure it out..." He said walking away from me

I lost it and I started crying. JJ wanted me and he truly meant it. I always thought the flirting was just him trying to hook up with me or something stupid. I called his name to stop him and I walked up to him and I said, "I didn't know that I've been in love with you since we were in seventh grade until I thought you were dead..."

JJ pulled me into his arms and he said, "You're the only girl I've ever cared about. I don't want a hook-up, I want a real relationship with you. I love you, Kie..."

"I love you, J..." I said crying and he kissed me

We went back to the group and JJ kissed me in front of everyone and Sarah said, "Jiara finally happened!"

"I finally got my girl..." JJ said kissing my head and I wrapped my arms around him and listened to his heartbeat