Chapter 189:

I smile as I walk into Laura's office with coffee in my hands.

Laura: hello hello!
Delilah: morning! Laur, I seriously appreciate you meeting with me this early. You truly are a blessing.
Laura: hey, it's no problem angel. Anything for my favourite client in the world.

I smile as I give Laura a hug, hand her a cup of coffee then sit with her at her desk.

I've been sitting down with Laura for the past few days to get a restraining order filed on my biological mother. I'm sick and tired of her constantly harassing me at work and being disrespectful towards my friends.

Delilah: so, how is it going?
Laura: well, I have very good news. I talked to a buddy of mine at another firm in Seattle and thanks to my amazing skills and stunning personality, I managed to get the paperwork rushed.

My eyes grow wide as Laura takes the paperwork out.

Delilah: woah, are you serious? I-I thought it would take at least another week or two. We've only been doing this for little under a week.
Laura: well, your father was blessed to have me as his lawyer and his friend. The last time I ever saw your dad before he died, I made a promise to him that I would make sure that you were taken care of. I've got you girl, always.

I smile at the woman in front of me.

Delilah: I truly appreciate everything you do for me Laur.
Laura: of course chicky. So, I need you to sign a few things. But before you do, I want to ask you if you still want to go through with this.
Delilah: I do. I'm done with her constantly stalking me.
Laura: I totally understand. And to clarify, you're okay being around the son.
Delilah: yeah. He was my patient and I have to stay professional.
Laura: completely understandable. Alrighty girl, I need your signature.

I start signing the paperwork and the two of us chat as I sign.

Laura: how's Jackson?
Delilah: he's okay. He's got a couple of surgeries today.
Laura: and what about you little missy? Amy exciting surgeries today?
Delilah: a few.
Laura: that's nice. It must be stressful having so many responsibilities. I mean, Chief of Neuro, co-head of trauma and Plastics, and a mom of three?
Delilah: it does get stressful at times. It's hard to deal with all of that, especially with my anxiety. Sometimes my anxiety gets the best of me.
Laura: totally get that. But sometimes, you have to let yourself relax.
Delilah: I try my hardest. Even though I have a group of people that support me, sometimes it gets really hard to handle.
Laura: I totally get that.

I sigh the last paper.

Delilah: alright, done.
Laura: great. So, a colleague of mine will be around the hospital at some point today.
Delilah: seriously Laura, I owe you everything.
Laura: girl, it's nothing. Call me if you ever need me.
Delilah: of course.

I hug Laura goodbye then I leave her office and drive to the hospital. The second I get to the hospital, I change then head to the elevator. When I get in, I see Dylan with Harriet.

Delilah: oh hello there!
Dylan: hey.
Delilah: what are you doing here?
Dylan: Jackson paged me. Guy got his hand caught in a metal press. Need to get Harriet to daycare.
Delilah: if you're in a hurry, I don't mind taking her.
Dylan: you don't have to Ellie, it's fine.
Delilah: come on dude, go save a life. I don't mind taking care of my goddaughter for a good 15 minutes.
Dylan: you're my favourite Avery.

I chuckle at my pseudo brother as he hands his kid to me.

Delilah: hello sweet girl.
Dylan: just walk her around for 15 minutes to get her to sleep.
Delilah: I know how to take care of my own goddaughter, ya lunatic.