story 8

Kie's POV:

We were hanging out at the Chateau when Rafe and Barry decided to show up. They were just here to cause trouble. Everyone knew Sarah and John B were back home and John B's name had been cleared.

"Get the hell out of my house!"John B said approaching them

The two refused and they sat down on the couch.

"Hey, Kie.." Rafe said smiling

"Leave me alone, murderer.." I said

"Don't fucking call me that again.." He said moving closer to me on the couch

"We'll leave if you make out with me.." He said lightly touching my face

JJ stepped in and said, "Back off, Rafe."

"Oh look, it's your little pogue boyfriend stepping in the protect you."

"He isn't my boyfriend and I don't need him to protect me."

"So what's he going to do about this?" Rafe asked as he kissed me

Before JJ could do anything I pushed Rafe away. Barry got up to leave and I brought Rafe to the door and he said, "I miss having your hands on my body.."

They left and when I turned around, all the pogues wanted an explanation. Sarah knew and she knew I never wanted the boys to find out.

"What was that about?" John B asked

"Just Rafe being Rafe" I said annoyed

"That's complete bullshit, Kie." JJ said

"Just leave it alone. He's gone." I said sternly

"Come on, what happened?" JJ pushed

I started to get annoyed that he had to know. I got up and said, "Rafe and I dated during my kook year. It was great until it wasn't. I was a little too drunk to know what was going on and that's how I lost my virginity to Rafe. Happy?" I asked looking at JJ

I left the chateau in tears. That was part of my past that I never wanted anyone to know. I went home and snuck by my parents. I went to my room and took a long shower and went to bed early.

The next day, I hung out with my mom. I was supposed to go to some library tomorrow with the boys to do something to help find the gold. I had a few texts from them and I ignored all of them.

I also decided not to go surfing with them the next day. I heard JJ at the door and my mom was a bitch to him and made him leave. A few minutes later, I heard small rocks being thrown at my window. I walked over and saw JJ standing there.

"You need to leave. My parents are going to be pissed."

"I need to talk to you, Kie..." He said

"There is nothing to talk about. I'll see you tomorrow.." I said shutting my door to my balcony

I shut the door and my curtains and the next thing I knew there was a knock on the door and JJ was standing there. He had somehow climbed up here.

I opened the door and I walked out onto the small balcony. 

"I'm sorry, Kie. I didn't mean to push you like that, especially not in front of everyone. I'm going to kill Rafe for what he did to you."

 "It's okay, you didn't know. Sarah already kinda knew so I'm sure she told John B, so it was going to come out eventually."

"I just feel awful that I'm the one that made you say it like that."

"Come here.." I said going back into my room and sitting on my bed

JJ came and sat next to me on my bed and I told him everything. Things I've never told Sarah, things I never even said before. I just felt so safe telling him. 

 He hugged me and I cried and then we just hung out. JJ was getting ready to leave. When I realized that I didn't want to be alone. 

"J, will you stay?" I asked as he was about to open the door to my balcony

"Of course.." He said

I got up and I locked my door and then took my sweatshirt off as I usually just sleep in my sports bra

"I like where this is headed" He said joking

He took off his shoes and his dirty shirt as he got into my bed with me. We watched a movie and then talked until we fell asleep. 

We were woken up to my parents in my room. I was JJ's chest and his arms were wrapped around me. My body was half on top of his. I've never slept so good before in my life.

"Kiara, get. the hell out of bed and JJ get your ass out of my house."

I was still half asleep and my mom was yelling, "I can't believe you brought a pogue into this house to have sex. Especially JJ Maybank. He's from the cut and is going to turn out just like his awful father.."

"JJ is nothing like his father.." I argued back before she cut me off

"Whatever is going on between the two of you is over."

"There is nothing going on mom. JJ is just a friend." I said 

"Really? Because friends don't do what you're doing."

"You're right, he isn't just a friend. I love him.." I said to piss her off and I kissed JJ and crawled onto his lap so I was on top of him

He kissed me back as he knew exactly what I was doing, pissing my mom off. He moved his hands to be on my lower back. We were making out and that caused my mom to leave and slam the door. Perfect.

I broke the kiss and that's when I felt it. JJ's face was bright red, he was totally embarrassed. I thought it was funny. I got off his lap and he said, "Sorry, it has a mind of it's own.."

He grabbed his shirt and put his shoes on and left before I could say anything. I showered, got dressed, and went downstairs. I snuck passed my mom and went to the chateau. It was just Sarah, John B, and Pope there. 

Things were normal and no one brought up the Rafe thing. We were just hanging out like always and then JJ showed up and there was so much tension between us.

"I'm going outside to smoke.." JJ said as he left

"Me too.." I said going with him knowing that no one else smoked weed with us

I followed him outside and he said, "We're fine, Kie. Just leave it alone.."

"Then why are you acting so weird?"

"You know why... Now we aren't ever going to talk about it again." JJ said storming off

"No, you don't get to go do your JJ things and run off because I meant what I said this morning."

"Yeah, that we're just friends.. I know..." He said pissed

"No, not that... The other part.." I said and that caused JJ to pause and look at me

"What are you saying, Kie?" He asked calmly

"That I love you, JJ.." I said

"Really?" 

"Yes... Why do you find that so hard to believe?"

"Because it's me.. I have nothing no money, no job, no future. I'm from the cut, I grew up with an abusive father, you deserve better than me."

"I love you, JJ Maybank for exactly who you are." I said

He walked up to me and he looked into my eyes. He turned into this sweet and romantic JJ. He moved my hair out of my face and he said, "I have been in love with you forever, Kie. I just never thought you could love me."

I kissed him and he pulled my hips closer to him. We were making out outside the chateau and when we broke apart, the other pogues were all cheering, even Pope.