story 3

JJ's POV:

We just found out that John B and Sarah were dead. Kie had her parents and Pope had his. I was used to being alone. I watched my two best friends break down in each other's arms. I was the outcast now. I took off on my own because it was pathetic.

I went home and my father was ballistic. He found out about the Phantom and he attacked me. I didn't even bother fighting back. It wasn't worth it anymore. My best friend was dead, I might as well be dead too especially since Kie and Pope were now a thing.

My dad knocked me out and I woke up a few hours later. I grabbed a beer, smoked some weed, and popped a few of his pills trying to numb the pain.

It had been three days and I'd heard nothing from Kie or Pope. I was turning so dark, I didn't like who I was becoming. I was getting in fights, drunk all the time, and constantly high on weed, pills, or cocaine. I was hooking up with random girls multiple times a day. 

This continued for two more days before Kie came over to my dad's and she looked at me and then at my dad passed out on the couch. I knew exactly what she was thinking, I was becoming my father.

"JJ, what the hell?" She asked crying

My body was full of bruises. My hands we hard and full of cuts and callouses. I didn't look like myself. I looked like shit. Kie brought me into the bathroom and locked the door just in case my father woke up. She started cleaning all my cuts and she asked, "JJ, what happened?"

"Nothing just got in some scraps with some kooks and my father. I'm fine."

"You are going to get yourself killed. Stop getting into fights with kooks. They hate you and wouldn't hesitate to kill you."

"Maybe that's what I want..." I whispered quietly but Kie totally heard and she started to cry and she stopped what she was doing and she hugged me. 

"Don't ever say that again. We can't lose you too.." She whispered

I loved being in Kie's arms. She was the only person in the world who could get me to calm down and relax. She was still hugging me when my dad started pounding on the door. I let go of her and I stepped in front of her so I was closer to the door.

"What the hell are you doing in there, boy?" My dad hollered through the door

I opened the door and he saw Kie and started freaking out. My dad and I started throwing punches and Kie wouldn't leave. She broke the fight up and I had blood dripping from a cut in my lip. She grabbed me and ran out the door. I got in her car and she drove to John B's. She basically told me that I needed to stay there. She left as she had a date with Pope. 

It had been a week since I'd seen Kie and I went back down the same road. I was at some kook party drinking and dancing with a girl. I noticed Kie and Pope were here. Pope came up to me and he just looked at me in disgust. He walked away, guess he's too cool to hang out with me.

A while later, I looked over to see Rafe holding Kie by her hips. They were dancing but he was super handsy. She looked uncomfortable. I was watching and she tried to talk away but he pulled her back. I ran over to them and I shoved Rafe off of her as my fist collided with his. He hit me back and we were going at it. I loved the feeling of pain when he hit me, it made me feel something when I felt numb. 

Guys stepped in to break up the fight and I was walking away as I spit blood out of my mouth. I passed Pope and he was pissed. He and Kie were taking me back to John B's. Neither of them said a word to me the whole way back. 

"Get your ass inside and learn how to not get in a fight every two seconds!" Pope finally lost it and screamed at me

I was so wasted and high. I don't think I was capable of walking inside and getting to bed. Kie got out and helped me out and Pope was mad at her for helping me. He followed us inside and said, "Come on, Kiara. Leave him here to figure his shit out."