The Truth is Spilled

Sam's POV

The house was empty since it was just Colby and I. Well, my sister but she's still in the hospital. I still can't believe she attempted and almost succeeded in killing herself. Colby has not been himself at all. He's been hardly eating, he's been hardly sleeping. I know he thinks that this whole thing was his fault and how he didn't get home fast enough. I keep telling him that this wasn't his fault by any means.

We were sitting in our living room editing a video that had Stephanie in it for our channel when I noticed something off about my sister. I said to Colby "Wait dude hold up, go back for a second." Colby had looked at me and said "Why did you see something that we missed while we were there?" "No" was all that I had said. We scrubbed through frame by frame and I said "Stop right there. Play this frame by frame." Colby stopped it and then we watched it frame by frame. Colby got up and said "Dude I don't have a good feeling about this.. I'll let you watch what you saw while I go to the bathroom" I went through the footage and saw exactly what I thought I had seen. I slowed it down even more and stopped it right as Stephanie moved her sleeves upwards. Her arm was covered in cuts and the camera picked them up so they must be fresh when we filmed this video. A bit goes by and that's when Stephanie grabbed her wrist like something had cut her when we all jumped a fence. In the video Colby says "Babe are you okay? I heard you say ow." Stephanie kind of ignored Colby and just brushed him off.

Colby came back down, he had taken a shower as well and I guess I was in tears when he came back into the living room, since he just came and hugged me. After I had calmed down Colby asked me "Sam what's wrong, if you can't bring yourself to tell me that's okay just know I'm here." I sighed and said "We can't post this part of the video.. Here just watch it" I hit play and Colby watched it and said "Holy fuck.. Sam... I.. didn't notice and I'm her boyfriend..." We just sat and comforted each other and said that we had enough editing for the night.

Colby's POV

I was editing in the living room with Sam and he had asked me to rewind and play frame by frame and he started to freak me out so I ended up going to the bathroom and then took a shower. I had come back down to see Sam just sobbing. I walked over to him and just hugged him and I asked him "Sam what's wrong, if you can't bring yourself to tell me that's okay just know I'm here." He sighed and said "We can't post this part of the video.. Here just watch it" He hit play and I watched it and said "Holy fuck.. Sam... I.. didn't notice and I'm her boyfriend..." We just sat and comforted each other and said that we had enough editing for the night.

So Stephanie was harming herself for such a long time and Sam and I were just blindsided by it. I texted Elton and asked if he knew about this.

Colby: Hey, Elton, did you notice anything off with Stephanie in the last couple of months?

Elton: Uh not really. Why?

Colby: Uhm Sam and I were editing a video she's in and we had noticed that she had self harm cuts and since the camera had picked them up we really think they were fresh when we filmed that video. Also she's in the hospital. She attempted again and this time was so much worse than the last time. I had found her practically lifeless. She had taken pills Sam and I aren't sure as to how many she took but from how she felt I'm going to assume she took a lot.

Elton: Oh fuck. Really? No, I had no idea any of this was going on... I'm so sorry..

Colby: Oh okay, thank you anyways.

So none of our friends knew about Stephanie harming herself at all. Sam wasn't taken this easy. Both of us were constantly helping each other out since we both haven't come to terms with what we caught on camera..

The Next Day

Sam's POV

I was dreading having this conversation with Kyle. I hit the call button with shaky hands..