Chapter 75: Epilogue

Ten years later: in 2069;

Rory woke up and looked up at her husband, who was still sleeping. She cuddled closer into his chest he tightened his arms around her. He kissed her head. 

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning, sexy." He grinned at her.

"So, we made it to our fiftieth wedding anniversary. How does it feel to wake up to the same man for fifty years?"

"Yes, we did. Um, well, to be honest, it feels amazing to share my life with a man who I love so much. We made it fifty years; that is such an accomplishment, but these last fifty years have been so easy with you. I love you, Robert."

"I love you more, Rory. Yes, they have been amazing and so easy. It feels like we just got married yesterday. Til death do us part has been a breeze. Did you enjoy the party last night?"

"Yea I did. It was hard tho not seeing our friends who have left us missing. Juliette, Paris, Jess, Victoria, Logan, Cindy, and Cassy. Have all passed over the last ten years. There are only five of us remaining."

"I know dear it just keeps getting harder every time we lose someone from our group. One by one we are all going to pass away. I feel bad for the last one remaining when everyone from the group is all gone. That is going to be hard for whichever one of us that is."

"I agree."

They lost Odette the year previous to their fortieth anniversary. Then Logan passed away five years ago. Elias called to tell us he had found his dad. He had died sitting on his couch in the den two months after his girlfriend Cindy had passed away."

Jess Passed six months after Logan. He and Paris were out shopping and he suffered a major heart attack in the store. He died instantly and then three months later Paris passed away. Luca found her when he stopped to check on her. She passed away in her sleep.

Colin woke up two years ago to discover that his wife Juliette had died sleeping beside him. He tried to wake her up for breakfast when he discovered she was cold. It about killed him and he moved in with us after she passed away. 

Victoria had a massive stroke this past May. Tristan put her on life support but the stroke had left her brain dead. She died as soon as they the machine was turned off. After Victoria passed Tristan moved in with us as well. 

Cassandra Finn's wife passed away two weeks ago. She had a heart attack while cooking dinner and passed away two days after being admitted into the hospital. He is moving in with us as soon as he sells his home. Finn suffers from dementia and so he has to be under constant supervision. 

So, now there is only Colin, Tristan, Finn, myself, and Rory left from our group. Every time we lose one we all wonder whose next. Everyone left will be living with us once Finn's house sells.

We now have seven great-grandchildren. All of Noah and Mia's kids have married and they have five grandkids. Samuel married Kelly they have two kids their oldest was a girl they named her Lorelai Victoria she is four, and they named their son Martin Samuel he is two.

Their daughter Shanna married Steven and they also have two children. Steven Lee is three and they also have a daughter Tracy Leighann she is one.

Their youngest son Chris married Kate and they have one child his name is Lucas he is two years old.

Willow and Eli only have two grandchildren. Their son Logan married Sherry they have a son named Bryan who is three and they just had a daughter Tori she is six months old. 

So far Chris and Christy have no grandchildren Rob just turned twenty-one and he is Chris and Crystal's son and he has had no serious girlfriends. The rest of the grandkids are still too young. They range from fifteen to nineteen. So, we have some great-grandbabies to love on. Four generations currently living.