Chapter 52: Noah's First Birthday

Well, it's finally here Noah is turning one. We made it through his first year of life. We have gotten married and been all over the country. Rory has finished her book and has just signed a deal.

It will be published in about six months. She has already pushed it back twice. First, for our honeymoon and then for Noah's birthday. 

Rory hasn't been feeling well. I am a little worried about her. She said she is just exhausted, but I don't think it is. After her cancer scare every time she gets sick, I freak out.

I haven't been feeling myself lately either. I have had a few migraines, and just things aren't like they normally are. Almost like I am looking at everybody through a different set of eyes. I don't know how to explain it. I haven't even talked to Rory about it because I don't want her to worry she has enough going on with her not feeling well and the book. 

We are having a huge party for Noah. Grandma Emily made us invite people from society because we are from three prominent families in Hartford. Rory and I really just wanted close friends and family.

Rory has been stressing about the house saying it's not perfect, so I decided to host the party at my or our hotel in Hartford. Now Rory is stressing about being late. 

She has been running around the house like a crazy person for the last thirty minutes saying she knows she will forget something. As I stand here and watch her, I finally reach out and grab her arm.

I pull her into my chest, "breathe baby. Everything will be fine. Sookie has already arrived with the food and cake. She made Noah a cute little smash cake just for him."

"Lorelai has been at the hotel since nine this morning just to ensure everything is going smoothly. His birthday party is going to be perfect. I mean he's one he won't even remember it if anything does go wrong."

She looked into his eyes with her beautiful doe eyes and smiled. "I know baby I just want it to be perfect. I wouldn't worry so much, but they invited all of Hartford's society. I have to prove that I can throw my one-year-old son's birthday party otherwise how will they be confident enough to continue using our companies."

"Well, first off our son's birthday party doesn't have anything to do with our businesses. Secondly, I love you, you love me, and we both love him that is all that matters."

Noah was sitting on the floor playing with his toys. "Party Mamma, lest go mamma."

They both stopped what they were doing and looked at Noah. "What did you just say?"

Noah smiled at his dad, "Party mamma, lest go."

Rory and Finn both smiled. Noah had just said his first sentence. He started walking right before their wedding. He was growing up so fast. "Okay, Noah let's go to your birthday party."

Finn had already loaded all the presents into the car, he had already loaded their outfits, and had a room at the hotel for them to change into the proper attire.

Finn scooped Noah out of Rory's arms. He kissed her cheek and then he and Noah flew out to the escalade.

Rory smiled at her husband and son. Finn was a really good father better than she could have ever wished for. 

Logan would be at the party as well with his parents, and she wasn't really looking forward to Shira and Mitchum's attitude. Finn had said he would deal with them he wanted her to stay clear.

When they arrived at the hotel, the nanny picked Noah up and took him to their suite. Rory and Finn walked into the banquet room. It had been decorated in black umbrellas for the LDB and animals.