Chapter 17: Shocking news

Lorelai is shocked, the expression on her face and it takes her a few seconds to find words and speak.

"Oh, Rory. Wait who is the father? It's not Peter is it?"

"No, mom it's not, Paul. We barely saw each other."

"Okay sweets, who is the father? Please tell me it's not The Wookie or Logan's."

"Actually no mom. Do you remember Finn?"

"The sexy Aussie from down under?"

"Yep, that would be him. When I met up with the guys and Logan about six weeks ago, I couldn't sleep with Logan anymore. I realized that night that we were over and I ran out of Logan's room and straight into Finn's arms. He was the one I wanted to be with, he was the only one I wanted, and we slept together. It was the first time for us even tho we had spent six months dating and slept in the same bed we never had um sex."

"Anyway, I was sick the week before a few days and had forgotten to take my birth control and didn't even realize until three days after we slept together." 

"Oh, well I guess you need to be calling Mr. Aussie and letting him know you have some news for him. Have you heard from him since that night?"

"Yes, he has sent me a few texts and texted me right after they all left and told me we needed to talk in person. He had to go to London for a couple of weeks and then to Canada and he should be here sometime this week."

"Well, how do you think he will take the news?"

"I don't know mom. My life is so messed up right now. I hope he takes it really well. I mean I realized the day I broke up with him that I had just made the worst mistake of my life. I didn't tell you why but it was because I had met up with Logan and I got drunk. I woke up in his hotel room. I don't even remember sleeping with him. I was so drunk. I woke up naked and we made the Vegas agreement actually I did because I just needed to get away from him."

"Oh, honey. I am so sorry. I thought you and Mr. Sexy had just decided to stay friends. I didn't have a clue that any of this was even going on."

"No, mom I hid it from you. I was hurting so bad. I really loved Finn, and I still love him but I don't know how he feels after what I did. I mean I cheated on him even tho I was drunk and don't even know what happened."

"Oh, sweets. I am so sorry. Now you're pregnant with the man you are in love with's baby and you are worried. I'm sure everything will work out. I am sure that if he loves you too he will forgive you."

Lorelai hugged her daughter. Someone cleared their throat behind them. Rory and Lorelai both looked at the tall, dark, and handsome man standing there.

Finn's POV:

He had flown in from Canada first thing this morning. He landed at Hartford airport at six in the morning, got straight into his car, and drove to Rory's little town. He had walked around when he noticed Rory and her mom talking on the gazebo steps.

He walked around the block working up the courage to talk to her. He came up the back step when he saw them hugging and he cleared his throat.

She looked tired but she was still gorgeous as her Bambi blue doe eyes looked into his. Her eyes matched her mother's.

"Good morning Lorelai. It is nice to see you again. Hello, Rory. Can we um talk for a few minutes?"

Lorelai stood up and shook his hand. "Nice to see you again my favorite sexy Aussie from down under. I am going to go eat breakfast with my husband. Rory, please invite Finn, if he is available to stay for the actual wedding. You have a couple of hours before we need to get all beautiful for the wedding. I hope to see you at the wedding, Finn." She walked off.