Chapter 1: Rory's Life after Graduation

7 years after Rory Graduated college (2014):

Rory has worked the Obama campaign and then started working for the New York Times as a Travel Writer. She has been traveling all over the world and has even dated a couple of guys but nothing serious.  

It has been seven years since Logan and I broke up and I still have refused to get into a serious relationship. He broke my heart because I wanted to work and make a name for myself without being tied to the Huntzeberger name.

I just don't understand why he couldn't understand that. I am so glad to be home for the next couple of weeks and then I am off to California which is the last place I heard Logan was living. She freaked out every time she went to California praying she didn't run into her ex that broke her heart. 

Since Logan and she broke up she hadn't seen or heard anything from the guys. She had received texts and calls right after for the first six months she was on the campaign trail. Then she would only get a text on her birthday or holidays. 

Then it eventually it got to where she didn't hear anything from anybody and she guessed that was best since they were his friends and only hers by association. She had felt like they had really become friends not just because she and Logan were a couple but after no communication, she guessed that was a wrong assumption. 

She had made a couple of friends at the New York times and there were a couple of girls that would drop by when she was in town that lived in the same building in Brooklyn. Other than that she was still friends with Lane when she was in town and could visit her. 

Paris and she talked often as well and she would stop and visit when she was actually in New York, which wasn't often enough lately. She would only come home maybe three months all year long. 

She had just finished an article in Germany and she finally got to visit Fez by doing an article there. She remembered her grandfather and her talking about that then he would give her a check and say it is to see Fez one day. 

The entire trip she had talked to her grandfather and they discussed places to eat and stay. The best places to see. She smiled when she told him I finally made it grandpa. 

Since she was home she was going to her grandparents for dinner this weekend she was excited to see them. The last time she had been home long enough to visit was last Christmas. 

Her grandma had already called her the minute she returned to the states and wanted her over for dinner. She guessed her grandma had a guy in mind for her to go out with. She enjoyed getting to see her grandparents but absolutely hated having her grandma always trying to set her up.

The last guy she went out with that Emily set up was so boring Rory had to have three cups of coffee to stay awake during the date. So Rory had learned to tell Emily that she was only in town for a few days and really wanted to catch up with her family and friends and would often fib about the date she was leaving out next.  

Just then her phone rang and she looked at the caller ID and it was her mom.

"Oh, mother dearest I have missed you so. When will you be here so I can hug you?"

"My sweet loin fruit, I have missed you as well. I will be arriving in about twenty minutes and I am expecting some amazing take-out to be waiting for me when I arrive. Mommy is awfully hungry from that super long drive."

"I have already ordered Chinese, Pizza, and a few burgers they should be here soon. I know sitting there moving your hand and foot really works up an appetite."

They both busted out laughing and finished the conversation. She was excited they were having a Gilmore Girls movie night. She had rented The Breakfast club and Charlie and the chocolate factory and had bought a ton of junk food.