Chapter 56: Back to normal

Six months later:

Finn had his surgery two months ago finally. They figured out he had a brain tumor it was a meningioma and it was benign. They removed the entire tumor which was located on the left side of his frontal lobe and pressing on his limbic system.

That is what caused his outbursts and anger. He had it removed two months ago and since has returned to the Finn that we all know.

I have been staying with Robert for the last six months. Finn and I have been going to marriage counseling. We have been going on dates and working on our problems.

Rose didn't end up pregnant thankfully, Colin and Rose worked through their issues and have since married two weeks ago. 

Juliet and Robert finally reconciled and Robert proposed last week. She has been so helpful through all this and has even allowed Robert to still sleep with me since I have had issues sleeping. She knows we are friends and that nothing ever happened between them.

Logan and Odette just welcomed a little boy three weeks ago they named him Elias Logan Huntzberger. 

Finn has been respectful of Rory's feelings, and he thanked Robert for helping her sleep. 

Tristan met a nice woman and has been dating her for about three months. Her name is Victoria, and she is very nice.

It seems like life is finally back on track for their entire group. Finn has asked Rory to move back in, and the guys are helping her move tomorrow. They have her baby shower this week. They found out they were expecting a baby girl in three weeks.

Finn threw out their bed and bought a new one. He has been going to therapy to help him regain all his motor skills. He has his last therapy session today. 

Robert came home from work as he always does with dinner for them. She smiled at the thought of this being her life. What if I married Robert and these were his kids? Life could have been good, but I am happy with my life. Finn is better and doing great, and for that I am thankful.

They sat down and ate dinner. They watched a movie and Robert gave Noah his evening bath since Rory couldn't bend over. He has been a perfect gentleman the entire six months she has lived with him. 

He got Noah laid down and helped Rory to bed. "So, I don't know how I am going to sleep when you go back to Finn. I have become accustomed to our sleeping arrangement. You and me in my bed and your growing belly." He laughed when she smacked him.

"Shut your mouth, Robert. I can't help my big growing belly blame your niece, not me."

"Ow, I was just joking, Rory. I can't wait to meet my niece. I hope she is beautiful like her mom and doesn't look anything like her dad. Bless her heart if she does."

"Noah looks just like Finn, and he is handsome."

"Yes, you are correct he is a very handsome boy. Especially with his bright blue eyes. She will be beautiful as well. Are you getting excited?"

"I am I am ready to meet my daughter. I am glad that she will be born into a family. I was really worried about that, and I am glad we figured out that something was wrong with Finn. Seriously, Robert thank you for everything." 

They lay down and went to sleep. She was curled in Robert's arms and couldn't get over how perfectly they fit together. 

She was dreaming of a life different from her current life. She was sitting in the yard watching kids playing it was a boy and a girl. She was leaning against someone, and their bodies just molded together perfectly.

When she looked back it was Robert, he had a wedding ring on and so did she. They lived in a brick house that felt more like home than where she had been living in Finn's house.