Chapter 57: So confused

Rory sat on Robert's couch watching her son play with a few toys that were still there. She needed to go back to Finn for her children's sake but could she be happy?

After what Finn did and said she had tried to forget what the doctor had said about his outbursts. He said those were thoughts that Finn had buried and when the tumor pressed on his limbic system, he said his thoughts out loud. So even tho he had a brain tumor he really thought this about Rory.

She sat there and knew what she had to do. She picked Noah up and walked outside where Robert and Colin were standing. Robert looked at her with hope in his eyes. Colin knew there was something wrong. "Can I talk to you both?" She walked back inside. 

They followed her inside and sat down between her on the couch. She sat Noah back down on the floor and handed him his toy. 

"Okay, so what I'm having trouble with is the fact the doctor said that all those mean hurtful thoughts that Finn said weren't just made-up thoughts but things he felt. Thoughts he had buried. So, if that is truly how he feels why would I go back to him? I need to go talk to him and Robert I have to be honest with him, he deserves that."

"Rory, you can't tell him we slept together. Yes, that is what the doctor said, and we knew he was having some doubts a few months after you first slept with Tristan."

"He had never said anything specific just random things. Like one night we were drinking, and he asked how could she say she enjoyed it and felt a connection with him. Stupid Logan is always trying to get her back. I'm surprised she hasn't slept with you also. Then he would just shut down as he had said nothing."

"Well, I am sorry Robert but I can not and will not lie to him. Let's see how he really feels. I can't go back to him and being in love with you without telling him the truth. All of it, Robert I know this will probably ruin your friendship, and for that, I am very sorry, but I have to do this just to prove myself wrong."

"What do you mean prove yourself wrong?" Colin asked. Robert sat there knowing what she meant. 

"She is meaning that she knows how he will react and she knows when she tells him that we slept together, he will get upset. Therefore her mind says he will be understanding but her heart knows he will get upset, so she is going to prove her mind wrong. Am I correct?"

Rory sat there looking at Robert with tears in her eyes. She nodded her head as she looked at him like he was an angel standing there in his button-up plaid shirt with the top two buttons opened and a pair of dark jeans on. He looked so sexy just standing there.

"Yes, exactly Robert. How did you understand exactly what I meant? It's almost like you can read my thoughts."

"I just know you, Rory. I knew you couldn't not tell him. You are an honest person. I knew you would never be able to technically cheat and then go back to him without being honest with him first."

"Rory, we all know you. I knew you would tell him when you told me how you felt. I really thought you would go back and before the end of the week we would be coming back to pick you up."

Rory smiled at her two best friends, "you two know me so well. Did you know that before or after we slept together?"

"After, before I wasn't really thinking about Finn." He squeezed her knee and kissed her on her temple. "So, do you want us to go with you when you talk to him or Colin because my being there probably won't help the situation? I can stay here with my favorite little buddy. We can go to the park and play?"

"Pway, yes, Uncle Robert, Pwease."

They all laughed at Noah his words are so cute. Rory bent down and picked him up she hugged him. "Okay, Colin you and I will go talk to Finn while Uncle Robert takes this handsome man to the park. Noah, be good for Uncle Robert, I love you."